Nosler Accubond

Great bullets but to sum this thread up…Nosler has dropped the ball on supplying these to the reloaders since 2020 and now because of this demand they have created they are 3x what they cost before. Too many other manufacturers that have adjusted to the market and demand to support them.

I used to only use Nosler BT and Accubonds…I don't have a single rifle tuned to them right now. There are other options ands they've forgotten that.

I used BT's for years and got great bang/flop results but few complete pass throughs. Two holes bleed better than one so I switched to Accubonds. Not a .30 caliber but my .280 Ackley Improved has over 30 kills mainly whitetails/hogs from 75 to 300 yards. I only recovered one bullet, the rest were complete pass throughs. That one bullet weighed 90% of original weight. I'm a fan boy for my application. If you can get them to shoot in your rifle go for it.

My son and I have used 200 gr. in 325 for years on a good number of elk and muley to the 600 yard range.I did shot a bull threw shoulder blade and recovered on opposite side.

AB's are not considered the "cool" bullet these days. However, they flat out work. The supply dried up during the pandemic and many including me went a different direction. They don't have the spectacular BC of some of the current offerings out there, but if you can put them in the boiler room, there will be a dead game animal waiting for you.

Great bullets but to sum this thread up…Nosler has dropped the ball on supplying these to the reloaders since 2020 and now because of this demand they have created they are 3x what they cost before. Too many other manufacturers that have adjusted to the market and demand to support them.
They haven't gone up nearly as much as powder or primers and certainly not 3x since 2020, not even in the last 10 years. I just bought some 6.5 140 gr AB's from Graf's for $51 a box and they currently have several AB's in 270, 308 and 338 and 8mm. For a premium hunting bullet, a buck a piece is not terrible these days...

I used to only use Nosler BT and Accubonds…I don't have a single rifle tuned to them right now. There are other options ands they've forgotten that.
I agree and can say if I haven't gotten accubonds bullets from Shooter's Pro Shop, I have gone another direction since the Pandemic. As the Nosler website has been slim pickings, as well as my usual retailers, Bergers not any better. Gone with Hornady ELDX or Cutting edge still get some Speers that are similar to partitions. But component availability is definitely hurting all hunters and shooters. Hornady is only manufacturer/supplier that appears to be keeping pace with demand in my humble opinion.

They haven't gone up nearly as much as powder or primers and certainly not 3x since 2020, not even in the last 10 years. I just bought some 6.5 140 gr AB's from Graf's for $51 a box and they currently have several AB's in 270, 308 and 338 and 8mm. For a premium hunting bullet, a buck a piece is not terrible these days...
So your argument is it's not quite 3x, you found some higher than $1 a piece.

You seem to be proving my point versus arguing it ;).

I've used 180gr ab in my 300 wsm to take 5 elk, a moose, and 2 bears. All were bang flop. I shoot 210gr abs in a custom contender 8mm that went to Africa with me. Took 8 plains animals with mostly 1 shot kills including an Eland at 330 yards. No lost animals. I also load them in my wife's contender custom 7mm. She took 2 animals in Africa with 2 shots. I love them and load them for all my rifles except my lever actions.

I got 2 boxes from Nosler yesterday. Not cheap, but got them any way. 165gr AB 308 Cal. Lucky I had stocked up over the years, and have a supply. As I would go to different stores, I would look and see what was on the shelves and if on sale I would get some. I am glad I did. 😁
It kind of seem that once Hunter bullets came onto the market, the rest raised their prices to match. I kind of feel just to see if people would buy theirs at higher priced bullets. Whether the prices were justified or not.
Now having to stayed in stock. I use 200gr AB in my 338WM. I have shot and not had a problem except for a poorly placed shot. Not for sure if I didn't hit a branch just before I hit the animal. My score was turned down to about 2x. Lesson learn and to remember.
Nothing against Hunter bullets. I didn't have rifle that had the proper twist rate. I am getting them now,

Proud Of You Yes GIF