Noisy Tac Ordnance

Broken Bow

This thing is very noisy when cocking about 2" into the cock it has a loud banging noise like metal against metal and it does it with clicker on or off I sure wouldn't be able to hunt with this and try to cock this out in the woods anyone have any ideas this has only been shot 7 times less than a month old.

Broken bow, it sounds like your cocking rope is winding upon itself. Try pulling the rope a little to the left during the first couple of cranks.

Broken bow, it sounds like your cocking rope is winding upon itself. Try pulling the rope a little to the left during the first couple of cranks.

x2, may take a couple of times, pull sled all of the way out reel back in while pulling to the left close to crank

Thanks guys that took care of the noise, I was at the PSE dealer yesterday and he had no idea what was wrong he hasn't run into that problem, I'm going to call him today and let him know in case someone else has the same problem.

Broken bow, I'm not sure if there is a total cure other than redesigning the spool. You should slightly pull the cocking rope to the left, close to the scope rail, EVERY time you load your Tac. Mine did the same thing until I started doing this.

The key is to have the cocking rope start spooling to the left every time. Usually when someone pulls the cocking block out and hooks it up to their nocking loop there is still some rope wrapped on the spool heading to the left so each time they cock their bow it automatically starts to the left.

If your cocking rope was installed a little too short, when you pull it out and hook it to your nocking loop there isn't any rope wrapped around the spool to keep it starting to the left. Make sure when you're hooking it up to the nocking loop you pull it out just far enough and no extra hoping that there will still be some left on the spool.

If this doesn't help you could install a new cocking rope. The Maintenance kit comes with one. When you install the new one, set the knots so you can pull the cocking mechanism an inch or two past the string ensuring there will be some rope left on the spool every time you hook it up.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.