• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED NO LONGER FOR SALE - 6.5 280 Ackley Improved ( Remington 700 Action)

bump for a nice gun! I don't know why the 6.5x280 ackley isn't more popular.

According to Parker Ackley the 6.5-06AI is already overbore so the 6.5-280AI may be even more so.

Also the 06 case is way more popular and has spawned more wildcats that the .280 case has.

Last edited:
According to Parker Ackley the 6.5-06AI is already overbore so the 6.5-280AI may be even more so.

Thanks for your input antelopedundee. My rifle for sale thread wasn't a debate about overbore calibers or what Parker Ackley's stated about the 6.5-06 AI. Your obviously not interested in purchasing my rifle. Is there a profound reason your stating your 2 cents worth on my thread ?

bump for a nice gun! I don't know why the 6.5x280 ackley isn't more popular.

I really do not see that as a problem. I was originally going to build a .280 AI but everybody in their brother has one, so I built .270 AI instead. If I did not just recently build a .264 WM and another ongoing project, I would have been all over this one.

Somebody, please buy this before I get myself into trouble. 😇

Thanks for your input antelopedundee. My rifle for sale thread wasn't a debate about overbore calibers or what Parker Ackley's stated about the 6.5-06 AI. Your obviously not interested in purchasing my rifle. Is there a profound reason your stating your 2 cents worth on my thread ?

I was just answering the other person's question. Actually I was looking at the Ackley book about the 6.5-06AI just the other day looking for loading data for one I have in the works. I have 2 of those and 2 6.5-06s. I'm a lefty so your rifle isn't of great interest to me, but the chambering caught my eye because it's not all that common. It may gain in popularity because of Nosler making .280AI brass.

Can you buy brass for this round or do have to form it. A very interesting caliber.

I would think you could neck down 280 brass to 6.5 and fireform it.Very nice rifle,wish I had the money to buy it.

Last edited:
I would think you could neck down 280 brass to 6.5 and firearm it.Very nice rifle,wish I had the money to buy
How many rounds fired? Any representative groups to show off?

75 maybe 100. I don't shoot it much.

I apologize I don't have any pictures of representative groups.
I wanted to get out and get some for this add but all the ranges here are closed due to Covid 19 and I can't travel outside of Salt Lake County right now.