Hornady marketing

I don't watch infomercials for any company. Not even the ones I am a customer of. I have had bad experience with loaded ammo from big H, in several rifles and cartridges, not just myself but some friends as well. I use their bullets when they are cheap for good cheap fun, like I sometimes use products made in China. For serious shooting and hunting, I use premium products from other companies, such as Nosler. From BT to AB to PT never had one failed. But I will never watch an infomercial of Nosler either if they make one.
If you like their product, use it.

Last edited:
I used to shoot hornady products but have since switched over to mostly berger and sierra. Not because of marketing, but because they just weren't as consistent. I still use the eld-m as my sole hunting bullet because they kill things like crazy.

I just don't get all the hate. Either use it or don't. Let others believe what they want and learn for themselves. The world had enough negativity. Let's not bring it here. Atleast they're trying to be innovative whether it's actually legit or not.

"Whether it's legit or not" is a large issue to Me.
Don't tell my fellow shooters and friends a product is, if it isn't.
The world has plenty of that already as well. I do not use their bullets or brass, I never have for the reasons stated here. If it works for somebody I'm happy for them.
Seems to be a valid reason their components are more affordable. And generally more available.?

It sounds like a minor re-design without all the fanfare would be in order here. This tip shape thing is why I've had better accuracy on the whole with their hpbt bullets than their tipped bullets I suppose.
I chuckle at the Hornady hate on the forum. Everything people whine about with Hornady I've seen with some of the other bullets too. I'll continue to run Hornady, Sierra, and Speer for the most part with a bit of Nosler. I've gone down the rabbit hole with Berger a bit and the partial box is still sitting. I ran Chinchaga's in my fast twist 7stw; I ended up giving part of the box away to my brother. I've bought other wonder bullets or been given them and they really weren't that notable.

"Whether it's legit or not" is a large issue to Me.
Don't tell my fellow shooters and friends a product is, if it isn't.
The world has plenty of that already as well. I do not use their bullets or brass, I never have for the reasons stated here. If it works for somebody I'm happy for them.
Seems to be a valid reason their components are more affordable. And generally more available.?
I dont think their in the buisness of lieing to people. Marketing only takes you so far. At some point the products have to work.

I used to shoot hornady products but have since switched over to mostly berger and sierra. Not because of marketing, but because they just weren't as consistent. I still use the eld-m as my sole hunting bullet because they kill things like crazy.

I just don't get all the hate. Either use it or don't. Let others believe what they want and learn for themselves. The world had enough negativity. Let's not bring it here. Atleast they're trying to be innovative whether it's actually legit or not.
This!

I see it as part educating the public on the new meplat design, and possibly some "marketing" to promote their new design. I suspect the new, flat meplat is because it's the easiest way to manufacture consistency to seat their polymer tip. They already admitted that occasionally they'd get vertical flyers due to a flat tip. To me the flat tip would give them the ability to place more downward or inward force to seat the tips. If that makes for a more consistent bullet to bullet BC then great. However I suspect this "flat" would reduce their BC so they need some sort of explanation to account/ rationalize the BC loss. I'll just wait and watch for the results. I admit I like their price, but I also liked their BC's.

Winning comment šŸ¤£

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240517_061246_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240517_061246_YouTube.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 65
Hornady marketing has figured out if they put the highest BC number on the box a good portion if not majority of folks are enthralled with that and rationalize or dont care about everything else. Pretty smart if ask me

For a long time people were enthralled with muzzle velocity or muzzle energy and didn't really care about anything else but Berger and some of the early TV show started the change and Hornady ran with it

Lou

Maybe they will learn from the archery broadhead marketing teams and add bloody imagery to their product packaging.
1715949911867.png

Recent Posts