Nightforce SHV 4-14X56 Riflescope Review

Nice review and this scope positions Nightforce (NF) to compete at the higher-medium priced segment of the market. The name recognition alone will make it an initial success and put pressure on several other mfgr's to compete with the NF name and quality. All-in-all, I might have bought this scope back last early Jan. if it had been available - I got the NXS 3.5-15 x 56 at a great holiday discount so I'm very happy.

Rachel

Brilliant review, I have been looking at getting a Shv for a while. This review has me sold on it. Does long range hunting store do international orders? I'm in South Africa and would prefer to support them as I really value the information gained from there site.

I had to raise my head a bit for a proper cheekweld, but no more than I would have had to do with any other 50mm scope. I usually have a stock pack on that rifle but neglected to get it put back on in my haste to get out to the range. I would have probably selected the same rings for a 50mm as were used for this SHV, so would have had the same scope height.

Geb

I had to raise my head a bit for a proper cheekweld, but no more than I would have had to do with any other 50mm scope. I usually have a stock pack on that rifle but neglected to get it put back on in my haste to get out to the range. I would have probably selected the same rings for a 50mm as were used for this SHV, so would have had the same scope height.

Geb

Thanks ! That's what I needed to know.

Great review!! I ordered mine a week ago it here and ready to install. Even better news my rifle is done and ready to pick up today!!!!! only a month behind schedule..
LRMgun)

Ernie Bishop and I used one for some prairie dog shooting last month in Wyoming. That scope used the IHR reticle. Ernie loved it. I prefer the MOAR reticle myself.

He'll be writing about our experience soon.

Here's a picture of the one we had mounted on one of my new LRR rifles with the Manners EH-1 stock and a fluted barrel, chambered in 7mm Dakota.

Attachments

• _DSC2025.jpg
    _DSC2025.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 155
I mounted up one of the new SHV's on my xp-100 .243 wssm.

Very nice glass for the $$$.
Excellent clarity and brightness, and I really like the MOA reticle. -Very precise.
It's only been to the range to get a zero and shoot groups, and the tracking was perfect.

The only complaint that I have (small) is the turrets don't have as "tactile feel" as what you expect from a NF scope. -Just a little soft.

I will be doing a LR steel shoot in a few weeks, and will be able to form a more objective opinion after that. gun)

-Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.