New Tikka T3X Superlite - Tikka Rings w/ Lug?

azmthunter

Hello all,

Been lurking here for a while gleaning as much info as I could. Just purchased a new Tikka T3X Superlite (The camo stock model from Cabela's) and am looking at a Vortex Viper HS LR scope. I am curious about the rings / mount for the T3S - Do you guys use the lug? Any preference on brand / model?

Any input you all have is appreciated - Thanks

Clint

I like the Warne rings that engage the dovetail, but they are steel; not light. They do engage the lug.

Otherwise Talley lightweights.

You might want to check out Sportsmatch rings. They have a place for a recoil pin, and they attach directly to the rail on the Tikka. I saw them recommended on a different forum and tried a pair and they have been great.
https://www.sportsmatch-uk.com/products

I ordered them from here:
https://tawnadoairguns.com

I ordered the T084. They showed up in about a week. The same business also sells them on ebay. I think it cost me ~$50 after shipping.

I have 4 Tikkas currently and 3 wear Talley's and 1 has the DNZ one piece. None of them utilize the lug and I have had zero issues.

That being said the 4 I have are 223, 7/08, 6.5 Creed and 308. They are not bad on recoil, but if I was shooting a magnum in a T3 then I might consider using a base that utilizes the lug.

Me too. I have 3 rifles with DNZ mounts. Never had any issue (even with dropping
my rifles. Does anyone else trip, I mean loose their footing, while hunting?)

I'd just heard from my wife that she'd dropped her rifle, barrel first into the mud climbing down out of a stand. I'd proceeded to tease her about it and tell her to quit messing up the nice rifle I bought her. 15 minutes later a 6 point walks out in front of me. *Bang**Thud*, I get down and start dragging the carcass out of the woods using my rifle sling. I'm almost to the pickup point where she's bringing the truck and my foot slips in the mud, right out from under me, driving the muzzle of my tikka 8" into the muck...

:oops::rolleyes::mad:

These are the best mounts and bases for the Tikka. Optilock made by Sako. The liner inside of the rings is what really makes them stand out. Been shooting a T3 300WSM for the last 13 years. NO issues with slipping or scope movement. They incorporate a pin in the base that sits in the hole on top of the receiver. Check them out.

Attachments

• Tikka Optilock Mounts & Bases.pdf
    84.5 KB · Views: 506
Pricey option, but Spuhr also has a Tikka hunting mount now that uses the dovetail and recoil lug. Looks like an awesome set up, hoping to have one for my new 25-06 soon.

Last edited:
So is a 20moa setup a consideration? As I am looking at the recommendations you all have made, some would be able to incorporate a 20moa setup, some not.

Given I am probably going with a Vortex HST, HS LR, or PST Gen II - would I need the extra elevation for 1000?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.