New SIG Kilo 10K released

I've heard really bad things about the previous version's optical quality. It will be interesting to see if/how these compare to some of the better glass out there.

DocUSMCRetired, from everything I have read, Sig hadn't advertised new glass, just that the blue tint was gone. Is that correct or is there new glass? I've read the Vector's glass is on par with Leica which is very impressive. I would assume the Sig glass is not in the same realm?? A lot of the reviews of the previous gen 1 version scored the Sigs very high on contrast and clarity but they were never given credit on the score cards because the glass was tinted so bad. I would assume they'd be pretty darn good considering, by just getting rid of the tint but it seems like you are saying it is more than that? Just looking for some clarification if you have it... maybe it's ED or HD now? I've been fairly impressed with the center of the view of some of the cheaper glass these days (UHD and others), but once you consider the edge to edge clarity, focus wheel and ability to dang near never need to readjust the focus wheel... they don't compare to the Leica and Swaro. IMO. The rangefinder in the Sig, regardless of the glass is second to none... again, IMO and for what I use it for (ranging/shooting/load data), I use the BTX for about all other glassing nowadays so those capabilities are very important in a rangefinder and why I sold my geovids and swaro range... they aren't fast enough or reach far enough. Thanks for any insight you can provide.
Most people are going to like the optics upgrade in these. They are a very clean improvement.

I received a pair of the new Sigs yesterday. I can not compare them to any alpha glass, but compared to my Vortex Fury 5000hd AB glass IMO it is better. I did not see any blue tint at all and very clear and crisp. Still need to test some more in different light. Very fast drop data, wind feature is nice but kind-of prefer the way Vortex Fury did it point and capture. The Basemap remote marker did not work very well for me closest I could get to accurate mark was about 40 yards. Did a Recalibrate on phone and 10k still same results. I'll have to play with this more too, I normally use ONX maps so Basemap is new to me. One thing I did notice is the eye cups push in somewhat easy when looking through the sigs, should of had a better detent. Overall seem like a nice upgrade over the Vortex Fury 5000hd but time will tell.

I received a pair of the new Sigs yesterday. I can not compare them to any alpha glass, but compared to my Vortex Fury 5000hd AB glass IMO it is better. I did not see any blue tint at all and very clear and crisp. Still need to test some more in different light. Very fast drop data, wind feature is nice but kind-of prefer the way Vortex Fury did it point and capture. The Basemap remote marker did not work very well for me closest I could get to accurate mark was about 40 yards. Did a Recalibrate on phone and 10k still same results. I'll have to play with this more too, I normally use ONX maps so Basemap is new to me. One thing I did notice is the eye cups push in somewhat easy when looking through the sigs, should have had a better detent. Overall seem like a nice upgrade over the Vortex Fury 5000hd but time will tell.
Please keep us up to date with your reviews. It is either these or the Revic brand for me in the near future.

Please keep us up to date with your reviews. It is either these or the Revic brand for me in the near future.
I can tell you this now I do like being able to store up to 30 guns profiles on the binoculars. The Vortex only let you have 3 profiles and from what I seen the Revic only allows you one. Fast to change guns in menu and displays whatever you name them.

3000yd range on deer
4000yd range on trees
10000yd range on reflective targets

Honestly, they need to rate the ranging capabilities on game. Not max reflective range. I haven't ever seen a deer wearing a reflective vest. Or standing next to a huge aluminum building at 5.68 miles I thought I would like to shoot at...

To be honest, who is going to range a shiny rock that an animal is standing near, and think, "Wow, only 5.68 miles away. I think I will try to get within rifle range and hope he is still there in 3 hours when I get close."

It does look like Sig changed the wording on thier warranty. Now it looks like lifetime. Before it used to exclude electronics and tritium products

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240516_093742_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20240516_093742_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 5
I'd like to try these out sometime. My brother has the Revic and I didn't find them super comfortable on my face. Very fast ranking like my BR4 though.
I had the same problem with my Vortex Fury 5000hd AB. Seemed tight on my nose to get a good sight picture. The new Sig seems more comfortable

I had the same problem with my Vortex Fury 5000hd AB. Seemed tight on my nose to get a good sight picture. The new Sig seems more comfortable
Not to derail this thread...but bomber goat in your avatar!

To keep it on topic, a 3000 yard ranging capability for pronghorn would sure let you know how much ground you have to cut with zero cover to make a shot.
I wonder how they do on flat ground with no objects to range? Ranging pronghorn CORRECTLY on super flat ground and no trees is fairly difficult, even for the best LRFs.