Sig kilo 10k ABS

I e heard the lenses are blue outside of that everything tech wise I've heard is good prom people who got them on snipershide
I've found them available this week but for over 1k more than my preorder was considering their shipping I can wait another month or two
I have high hopes for them I think sig makes a good product for their price
Color filtering is a big part of "HD" optics.

Examples of Fluorite Crystals used in most top end ED/HD glass today.

1647050008537.png

1647050055830.png

A lot of your lens coatings also filter out some of the blue and green just to help you get better definition of the other colors and of course to filter out some of the glare and flare.

I will give a brief report now and another after some field use Saturday and Sunday.
There is already some review info from earlier this week on SH. Several folks who have looked thru the 10k said it has a Blue tinge in the color renditions you see while viewing. The book says one of the selling points are SpectraCoat anti- reflective coating for superior low -light performance and clarity ......Well all I can say if you like blue you will love them.
Best example I can give is looking at my natural cedar plank fence it almost looks like it's been stained a pale Grey/bluish color. It doesn't look bad just not true to color my eye see's.

I loaded my data for the shoot Sunday which will be 6.5 Creedmoor and ranged out to 1131 yds which is as far as I can see around here and the data matches very close to my Ballistic app with slight differences because it was pulling local weather 35f and the binoculars were 68f because I wasn't going to stand outside and let them acclimate.
cool

It comes with a WeatherFlow Windmeter included but I haven't paired it yet.
I down loaded Base Map App so I could try that. I couldn't get to work with the free download so I went back and it seems to use that feature you have to pay. So for the sake of research I paid.:(
I tell you what though it works and it works fast. I ranged 992 yds ...hit Mark and it gave me all my data instantly on my phone screen including dope for the shot. I was impressed with that feature as I still haven't figured out how to do that on the Swaro TA's. These seem very intuitive to me but maybe it's because I have used the Sig3000's quite a bit.

The ranging is fast the data slides in across the bottom quickly so no issues there. I put the Display on Auto and it seemed just right but I did go in a hit brightness settings and you can blind yourself if you want all the way down to dim.
I switched the circle to a Duplex cross hair for now. I will be using it off a tripod tomorrow as I know some have questions about where the beam is in relation to center which was an issue with the 3000 model.

Also it comes with a very nice Chest Harness in Multicam but no lense covers which I am fine with.

More to come

If you want brief and to the point I will give my opinion first.
Sig didn't hit a Home Run more like a ground rule double that bounced over the fence or maybe a triple at best. The Ballistic engine, the Base map inclusion with compass and the ability to quickly input wind and wind changes are very impressive. The glass however was a letdown for me. A big enough disappointment that I can't decide if i will hang on to them or not.
Keep in mind though that I AM comparing them to the absolute best Swaro TA that cost almost 2000.00 dollars more so I expected them to fall short but be better than the Sig3000 which I don't think they are.
I let a couple of folks get behind them and they all noticed the blue hue which for me made objects look a little darker and made detail tougher to see.
Example... I was looking on top of the far berm (250yds) at some old tree trucks against the bright blue sky. First I looked thru the Sig's looking to see if I could detect detail and at the edges for CA. Then I pulled out the Swaro's and immediately noticed two woodpecker holes that I hadn't even noticed thru the SIg's... once I got the Sigs back on the tripod I could make them out but not distinctly like the Swaro.

I mentioned in the post above that I switched the reticle to the floating crosshair they refer to a Duplex. Since this was a Rimfire shoot I had lots of tiny steel targets to range. That duplex on the Sig was dead nuts perfect and I did discover my Swaro which has a circle that the beam was low and right but still inside the circle.

If anyone has a specific question I will try to answer. I wanted these to be the answer but not sure they are quite good enough glass-wise to make me happy in spite of being the best RF/Ballistic bino's I have used by a wide margin.
The BAD news I had already committed to sell my Swaro's to a friend... The Good News I was one of the first to put a deposit on the New Lecia Geovid Pro's from Doug at Cameraland which by the way is where these Sig's came from.

Don't pay to much attention to quality of picture as it's an old I phone with an old guy running it..
Lucky I got this:cool:
3D2F065E-D833-4F75-9927-BF1C6420E1FE.jpeg

Got to play with the 10k a couple of weeks ago. AB was nice and easy to use. Definitely is a good all in one unit (AB/binoculars)

For the guys that own these, did your binos come with ballistic data already programmed into them? I just got mine, they have data programmed for a 308 win and 175 smk. Also I tried ranging an open hill at about a mile and it won't pick it up.

No you download the app then setup your load/rifle in there then sync it with the 10K's and your data will show on the screen instantly.
I could range stuff easily at 2/3000 yards depending on object.
The 10K are the best RF I have seen and used and I have used a bunch....now if they would just get that bluish tint fixed I would actually buy them again.... I sold mine due to the glass coatings.

No you download the app then setup your load/rifle in there then sync it with the 10K's and your data will show on the screen instantly.
I could range stuff easily at 2/3000 yards depending on object.
The 10K are the best RF I have seen and used and I have used a bunch....now if they would just get that bluish tint fixed I would actually buy them again.... I sold mine due to the glass coatings.
Have you (or anyone else) tried the Leica Geovid Pro? Thoughts/opinions? Am thinking about a pair of these or using a Gunwerks BR4 with separate binoculars.

I have the Leica Geovid Pro's in 8x32
Glass is excellent as expected. The range finder is very good but not as fast as the Sig nor will it range as far.
The Ballistic app is same by AB but unless you buy the upgrade for 150.00 it only works to 800.
Well you can blue tooth to Kestrel or Garmin watch with AB and then it will give data as far as it will range which for me so far has been about 2000 yds
The Swaro TA RF's are a little faster and give data quicker than the Leica but neither are as fast as Sig10k

I have the Leica Geovid Pro's in 8x32
Glass is excellent as expected. The range finder is very good but not as fast as the Sig nor will it range as far.
The Ballistic app is same by AB but unless you buy the upgrade for 150.00 it only works to 800.
Well you can blue tooth to Kestrel or Garmin watch with AB and then it will give data as far as it will range which for me so far has been about 2000 yds
The Swaro TA RF's are a little faster and give data quicker than the Leica but neither are as fast as Sig10k
Thanks. I think these might be the way to go. It's a big purchase but should last a lifetime. Do you find the time lag to the range, elevation, and windage useable in a hunting situation. Seems like it should be, especially since there is no need to switch to your rangefinder when you see something through your binoculars.

Thanks again

FWIW, I have ordered a pair of the Leica Geovid Pro 10x32. Really tempted by these Sig's and the Gunwerks Br4, both of which seem to be better (and faster) rangefinders. As a hunter, I decided the combination of excellent glass and rangefinding ability was superior to the optics of the sig 10k (which are out of stock here in Canada anyway). Assuming I like them, I'll upgrade them to the advanced AB program and run them through some rifle classes this summer and update the thread.

Thanks for the feedback Venatic.

I got a pair of 10x32 pro and updated the AB right away and they seem pretty good. So when my Sig 10k shows up that I ordered long time ago I can do a side by side comparison. I know sig range is better cause I got a pair of the kilo 8k and its sweet. So ill have a pair of Leica or Sig for sale soon as the Sig show up and I can do side by side. I will say the Leica are compact for sure.

I got a pair of 10x32 pro and updated the AB right away and they seem pretty good. So when my Sig 10k shows up that I ordered long time ago I can do a side by side comparison. I know sig range is better cause I got a pair of the kilo 8k and its sweet. So ill have a pair of Leica or Sig for sale soon as the Sig show up and I can do side by side. I will say the Leica are compact for sure.
Let me know what you think about both of these and I might be interested in the one you decide not to keep.