New savage action?

Season 2 Nbc GIF by The Office

Hmmm, I would need some convincing that numerous ball contact points will take the thrust that bolt lugs would. I love the Blaser idea, but I can't calculate in my head how little ball contact points = contact area, vs lug contact area.
They are relying on pin point contact of the ball in a groove, over many cycles.
They must have confidence in their testing.
I'll sit this one out until someone does a full independent study.

Your assuming the balls are in a point configuration...

I am ASSUMING they are going into spherical indentations...

There are cannon and rifle barrels using this principal going back 100+ years

As well as industrial presses....

Great idea

You know they HAD TO TEST on 120kpsi to 200kpsi proof loads to market it.....

Right up there with Swiss k30 and hk g1/91 for ingenuity!!!

Your assuming the balls are in a point configuration...

I am ASSUMING they are going into spherical indentations...

There are cannon and rifle barrels using this principal going back 100+ years

As well as industrial presses....

Great idea

You know they HAD TO TEST on 120kpsi to 200kpsi proof loads to market it.....

Right up there with Swiss k30 and hk g1/91 for ingenuity!!!
Omg....not sure which point is more wrong.

Blaser uses a collet like lockup it appears, which increases surface area to take the thrust. If you zoom in on the bolt, you can see it.
The Savage video doesn't get into detail, but they need to.
A spherical groove and a spherical lug decreases contact area. So, it cannot possibly look like a ball in a raceway. There is more to see once this gets out to the public. Their testing must have been good. I just need to see it.

I am certain they did not perform any failure testing, duty cycles, idiot proof cycles, let's see if we can blow it up cycles, environmental condition cycles because their engineering just throws stuff out there. Really? No one on this site has actually even held one and it is being ridiculed for the engineering based off an animated PR video? Compounds first came out, ugly, not the way a bow should look so on. Innovation and evolution are hand in hand and we need this kind of thinking to keep pushing the envelope for better performance. Custom rifle makers will look at this and I will bet there will be even more innovation to this design by them which will benefit us all. Blaser has been around for maybe 50 years or so? Not like a straight pull is an off the wall concept.

As for beauty, if its not a craftsman hand checkered detailed select walnut stock with a high luster blued barrel every thing else is ugly but I still love to shoot them!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.