NEW Remington 700 PCR Enhanced in 6mm creedmoor.

Be careful with a set trigger. Once you set it the pull weight is almost none existent. Have a friend with a Drilling with set trigger. Wanted to see how lite it really was. Loaded, aimed, set the trigger, coughed and bang. Finger wasn't on trigger. Probably fine for competition but be careful in hunting situations.
Yeah thats the beauty of a set trigger though. If you can have it fire at ~1-2lbs pre set and it be crisp and clean thats awesome for most hunting. Then on target shooting I could use the set feature.

well after much more reading and educational youtube videos I think I'll be choosing the 2 stage for the this platform.. So given the easy adjustment of the TT I'll likely get the special. the way I see it I can have it act like a savage accutrigger while hunting and the adjust the second down during Target/BR shooting. This make sense?

thankx again for all the comments and advice. Much appreciate it.

I do like trigger tec but jewel is hard to beat you may look at elfman as well they have a 700 trigger adjust from 4 to 64 ozs jewel is best competition bench rest trigger I have ever used

I do like trigger tec but jewel is hard to beat you may look at elfman as well they have a 700 trigger adjust from 4 to 64 ozs jewel is best competition bench rest trigger I have ever used
So, I have found a jewel that is in the same price range. Adjustable from 1.5oz - 3lbs. Seems like a better fit for what I'm doing. I see that I can make lots of adjustments while in the chassis. Question for you is, does it have "click" adjustments like the TT; this sounds like a better system if I was making lots of changes. That is, if counting clicks is reliable for going back and forth.

The jewel triggers that I have do not have audible clicks they are 2ounce triggers but you can mark the settings with white out there should be no more than a full turn on adjusting screw for the range that you are looking for from adjustment

I have 3 TriggerTech and 2 Jewel triggers and they are all awesome triggers. Jewel basically set the bar years ago for everyone else. Here are a couple of things comparing the two .

No audible click when adjusting the pull weight on the Jewel. I can count the clicks and then double check with a scale on my TriggerTechs. You have to visually see the screw on the Jewel to have an idea of where you are.

I've had to pull the action from the stock to adjust my Jewel trigger. Maybe others have a way of adjusting so that isn't necessary.

I've heard others say the open style of the Jewel makes it susceptible to dirt, etc. I have not experienced that myself. The TriggerTech is enclosed.

The TriggerTech Primary and Special are less expensive than a Jewel but darn near as good. The Diamond cost is about the same but it also on par with the Jewel as far as pull weight.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with either. They are both smooth and break cleanly. I just feel that the TriggerTech is a little more user friendly.

I have 3 TriggerTech and 2 Jewel triggers and they are all awesome triggers. Jewel basically set the bar years ago for everyone else. Here are a couple of things comparing the two .

No audible click when adjusting the pull weight on the Jewel. I can count the clicks and then double check with a scale on my TriggerTechs. You have to visually see the screw on the Jewel to have an idea of where you are.

I've had to pull the action from the stock to adjust my Jewel trigger. Maybe others have a way of adjusting so that isn't necessary.

I've heard others say the open style of the Jewel makes it susceptible to dirt, etc. I have not experienced that myself. The TriggerTech is enclosed.

The TriggerTech Primary and Special are less expensive than a Jewel but darn near as good. The Diamond cost is about the same but it also on par with the Jewel as far as pull weight.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with either. They are both smooth and break cleanly. I just feel that the TriggerTech is a little more user friendly.
This is just the information that I was looking for. Given that one of my chassis screws are difficult to access/remove and even more so to re-torque; Having a trigger to adjust and have a auditable clicks to track progress seems like the better choice.

So putting this thread to bed. I've purchased the triggertech special. In the end it's the in action adjustability that made this one the winner. There are others that offer greater range but none of those can be done easily.
Thankx for all the comments. Had a great influence on my decision.
Stay safe all. And Merry Christmas.

TriggerTeck: I have all types of trigger placed into my rifles. I am moving on to TriggerTeck(Diamond Trigger) with a pull between 4oz to 32 oz. They go right into a Rem 700 Action, and safety on the side as in a normal Rem 700 action. Also you can get it in left handed action. Presently checking on seeing if the safety on left handed side is compatible with a right handled action. Being I am left handed, but use right handed action. That what I grew up with using a right handed action at 72 not going to change now. Both my sons are right handed too. With easy of adjusting the trigger, it wins hand down.

TriggerTeck: I have all types of trigger placed into my rifles. I am moving on to TriggerTeck(Diamond Trigger) with a pull between 4oz to 32 oz. They go right into a Rem 700 Action, and safety on the side as in a normal Rem 700 action. Also you can get it in left handed action. Presently checking on seeing if the safety on left handed side is compatible with a right handled action. Being I am left handed, but use right handed action. That what I grew up with using a right handed action at 72 not going to change now. Both my sons are right handed too. With easy of adjusting the trigger, it wins hand down.
They do sell the Left trigger for an extra fee.($20 here in Canada). I would have got the diamond however my rifle isn't a clone and thus needs the bolt release on the bottom. I might actually get the diamond for my Bergara B-14 HMR.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.