New hunter boondoggles

Chadp82

I was curious if anyone had anyone send them on a pointless chase as a new hunter.

I work in construction and there are a few I have seen: go get the skyhooks, pipe stretcher, hen-weigh, and some others. Mechanics have left handed wrenches, blinker fluid, and many more.

I am sure there are some good ones for hunting. Snipes and jackalopes come to mind, but figured some had dads, uncles, or others that sent someone on a chase for something just to chuckle later when someone actually took on the task.

An early age snipe hunt prepared me for later hunts. Fresh out of marine corps motor vehicle school some saltier marines at the motor pool decided to send me to supply for 12' of flight line for a vehicle. I was told to ask a certain marine for this flight line but remembering the snipe hunt decided to just hang out outside for a bit. When I came back in they asked where the line was and I informed them I had talked to the captain in charge of supply instead of their guy and he wasn't very happy about my supply run and wanted to talk to the person who sent me ASAP. I still remember their faces with their jaws on the floor! I had a good laugh and no more snipe hunts for me after that.

Recent Posts