New from NW Montana

Welcome to the Flathead!
All the opinions have been valid, it really comes down to how far down the custom rifle road you want to go?
Are you planning on reloading or just factory ammo?
If you want a forever rifle then I'd spend a bit more and get the full custom options. If you just want to feel it out, then go the economical route and see what you like.
Since you have a 30-06 if you want to go to a Win mag you're looking at a new bolt with a Mag face. Not to talk you out of anything, because the 300win is a great round. But you might look at the 6.5s, out to 500 with good bullets they will kill elk very well. A 6.5-284 for instance, is a winner ballistically unless you shoot the heavy .30 Cal bullets.
Time on the rifle is so much more important than knock down power. Significantly less recoil and cheaper to reload is conducive to shooting more:)

I would actually cast a vote for the Remage, I've shot them on a Remington 700 and a Defiance action and they have all shot really well. The added benefit is that you can play with a couple calibers for the same cost as one smithed action. As was mentioned earlier tho, if you true the threads it may affect the Remage option.
I would also add the KRG Bravo chassis and the trigger tech trigger to your list as affordable quality options.
Bo Ployhar, with Ployhar Precision is a great Smith to check out as well, he'll shoot ya straight and does awesome work. He's down by Potomac.
Good luck on the journey!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.