New From NOVA

Hello all....been reading the forum for a few months. Lots of great info...hopefully I won't derail too much! But little about me...former Marine, grew up in Iowa, went to Iraq 3 times. Finally got bit by the hunting bug...during COVID went through the Hunter Safety program here in VA. VA also has a mentor program for the adult onset hunters like myself. Finally got my first deer last weekend. So gonna start trying to do more. Anyway....thanks for letting me lurk for a few months.

Andy
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee
I did not start hunting till the age of 35 myself. Got my biggest deer so far this year!

Old Rooster: Don't have a favorite per say...but the 6.5 grendel that I assembled is leading the pack! And yes to the 2nd question....but I haven't hunted hogs yet but not sure if you can in Va....something I'll have to look into.
Andy, do you reload?If so the 6.5 Grendel opens up a whole new world.

Rooster...yep...although I hadn't gotten around to it for the Grendel...used the Barnes VOR-TX rifle ammo for this deer. But that's next on the list...to harvest an animal with some of my own ammo. And yep FFF....butchered the hindquarters yesterday....doing the front quarters later today. I know understand why processing places are so popular. haha And Arnold...small world. We might have just missed each other. I was in Iraq 03, 04 and 06.