My luck continues

Monteria

And I may have to buy my second can already.

After receiving my first and only form 4 approval in 6months and 8days, it was a race to the range yesterday morning.

My 300PRC, which was pretty punishing to shoot braked, became a pleasure. Recoil feels different, maybe a longer impulse? But the biggest benefit was no ringing ears. My tenitus is bad enough that shooting the rifle with muffs and plugs previously gave me a headache. Not any more.

And it seems to still shoot well after resighting.
20230610_082828.jpg

20230610_114405.jpg

I figured that was good enough and saved the last 5 rounds to make meat. I took a little detour on my way home from the range and swung through the ranch I hunt, looking for a willing participant to test the berger 215s on.
IMG-20230610-WA0001.jpeg

This time I shot with no hearing protection. The tone and volume were both very pleasant.

I actually bought this suppressor for my son, so he might not share my hearing problems later in life. I'm hooked now though, so it's probably time to order another.

I shoot a silencerco hybrid. I have asr mounts on every rifle that has a threaded barrel and shoot them all suppressed. I love having it, like you if I happen to shoot with hears protection my ears aren't ringing for hours.

I bought my first after I shot a running buck 3 times with a semi auto 3006 with no gear pro. I much prefer hunting suppressed now.

Some people, while still receiving damage, don't seem to mind the aftermath of an unprotected firing. I can't stand it. I have 4 now and am considering a couple more.

I bought my first after I shot a running buck 3 times with a semi auto 3006 with no gear pro. I much prefer hunting suppressed now.

Some people, while still receiving damage, don't seem to mind the aftermath of an unprotected firing. I can't stand it. I have 4 now and am considering a couple more.
I have 2 and keep looking at a third

The original plan was to swap it back and forth between my son and I. He would get it any time he was shooting and I would do without. If he wasnt with me, id use it myself. But I had no idea shooting with it would be that pleasurable. I'd rather buy another so we can both be suppressed at the same time.

The original plan was to swap it back and forth between my son and I. He would get it any time he was shooting and I would do without. If he wasnt with me, id use it myself. But I had no idea shooting with it would be that pleasurable. I'd rather buy another so we can both be suppressed at the same time.
That is what happens with mine. My son has one I have the other. We just had to update our photos at silencer shop because we both keep looking at new stuff.

I only have two rifles that do not run a suppressor. A 7RM w. Bartlein 3B fluted, and a 28 Nosler. But, the 28 Nos is slated to get a brake swap and start running a can if I ever draw another elk tag.

I have 3 can currently, and once my CC and wife's 4Runner are paid off in Sept, will be buying a 4th.

TBAC Ultra 9 .308, TBAC Ultra 7 6.5mm, TBAC Dominus. 308.

6CM U9
25CM (x2) U7 on both
25SST U9
6.5SLR U7
.260AI D
6.5PRC U9
6.5PRC/SI U7
6.5SS 20" D
6.5SS 26" U9
7SS D
.300PRC U9 (but haven't tested the D on it yet)

A suppressor really is a gamechanger on a hunting rifle.

After receiving my first and only form 4 approval in 6months and 8days, it was a race to the range yesterday morning.

My 300PRC, which was pretty punishing to shoot braked, became a pleasure. Recoil feels different, maybe a longer impulse? But the biggest benefit was no ringing ears. My tenitus is bad enough that shooting the rifle with muffs and plugs previously gave me a headache. Not any more.

View attachment 469318
View attachment 469320

I figured that was good enough and saved the last 5 rounds to make meat. I took a little detour on my way home from the range and swung through the ranch I hunt, looking for a willing participant to test the berger 215s on.
View attachment 469319

This time I shot with no hearing protection. The tone and volume were both very pleasant.

I actually bought this suppressor for my son, so he might not share my hearing problems later in life. I'm hooked now though, so it's probably time to order another.
What suppressor did you get?

I have tinnitus already at 40, and don't want my kids to have it. Mine is probably mostly from shooting shotguns without ear pro as a kid because neither my dad or I knew better.

I also just got my first, but already have 2 more on order. The first one is an all around can and will be for whoever draws a hunt. The 3rd one I just ordered is the harvester evo and is basically for my sons rifle. Under 11oz and the price is very reasonable.

View attachment 469318
View attachment 469320

View attachment 469319

I bought my second can before the first was approved!

Lance,
I only have two rifles that do not run a suppressor. A 7RM w. Bartlein 3B fluted, and a 28 Nosler. But, the 28 Nos is slated to get a brake swap and start running a can if I ever draw another elk tag.

I have 3 can currently, and once my CC and wife's 4Runner are paid off in Sept, will be buying a 4th.

TBAC Ultra 9 .308, TBAC Ultra 7 6.5mm, TBAC Dominus. 308.

6CM U9
25CM (x2) U7 on both
25SST U9
6.5SLR U7
.260AI D
6.5PRC U9
6.5PRC/SI U7
6.5SS 20" D
6.5SS 26" U9
7SS D
.300PRC U9 (but haven't tested the D on it yet)

A suppressor really is a gamechanger on a hunting rifle.
I shoot at your range. Are early morning temps OK right now? Also, I have a braked 300PRC and want to know if going to suppressed added a lot of recoil. Braked I'm fine, but don't want any more recoil than I have right now. Thx!

"Early morning temps" in Phoenix right now are around 92-98° right before sunup. Once the sun comes up, temps climb rapidly.

As far as my .300PRC, I am running the can with 215s @ 2850-2930fps. Still final tweaking loads. I can say this. Recoil is significantly less than a similar weight .300WM pushing a 180 @ 3020fps. But more than a similar weight braked .300PRC pushing the same bullet at the same fps.