My dream come true!!

Nuclear Worker

Okay guys and gals my wife made my life long dream come true today! She got me a hunt for Dall Sheep with Alaskan perimeter Expeditions.! In the Brooks Range in The Artic Circle for this August. Any help with equipment or training or travel would be appreciated. Please only post if you have actually been there and done it.

Best advice - Get yourself an account on Rokslide.com......lots of Dall Sheep hunters and reports.

You will have a blast. The North side of the Brooks is nearly tree free with the exception of some small willows. Usually fairly easy walking and climbing compared to other mountain ranges. The south side has pine trees, but is still pretty open. I've had dall sheep, grizzly, moose and caribou in sight all at the same time. One of my favorite places on earth.

You will have a blast. The North side of the Brooks is nearly tree free with the exception of some small willows. Usually fairly easy walking and climbing compared to other mountain ranges. The south side has pine trees, but is still pretty open. I've had dall sheep, grizzly, moose and caribou in sight all at the same time. One of my favorite places on earth.
Not sure where in the Brooks Range I will be. With what you just said do you think it would be worth it to get a Grizzly tag also? My main priority is the sheep.But if there are a lot of Grizzly hate to miss the opportunity.

Not sure where in the Brooks Range I will be. With what you just said do you think it would be worth it to get a Grizzly tag also? My main priority is the sheep.But if there are a lot of Grizzly hate to miss the opportunity.
You might be able to get a tag but it might cost another $15,000 or more for the outfitter cost though.
Good luck

Good rain gear, good socks, break-in boots...take some stairs when you can...My Dall was not fun...I love to hunt Desert sheep...I hate being cold...good gear helps...but Alaska is a place of extreams--enjoy and soak up the fun! Any day is a good day to hunt Wild sheep!

Any elaboration on the Dall?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.