MT Elk Regulations Should Change!

Watching Montana Wardens, there are a lot of illegal killing of elk by residents of Montana. So OP'er, why are you not so bent outta shape over that,?
As far as I know that show is pretty much 100% ******** or it has been the influx of morons since I left.

Who flippin' sees a fake *** spike bull and starts throwing rounds down range at 25 yds. I'll bet any of us could see that was fake with bare eyes that close. I think these people must have last hunted a zoo!

You want to see pressure from the DIY non-resident and retirees pounding the roads then come to my neck of the woods! It is ridiculous out here during the rifles season's since we are the only state besides Idaho where you can buy a tag over the counter. Not trying to steal the post, just feel your pain.
Late post, but in Idaho out of stater have only Dec 1 each year to apply and get tags for big game hunting. All on the net and first come first servicered. Not points either. It starts at midnight on the 1st of Dec. Better get online early during the day to get a tag.

I have a question. If all of the people on here from Montana don't want NRs coming and hunting in their state, why do you put in for non resident tags in other states? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? Don't you think those people are mad at that and you should do what you are telling non residents hunting in Montana to do?

I don't care either way. I don't hunt in Montana anyways. I just thought it was funny after reading all of this.

Come hunt in New Mexico and enjoy the 5 day rifle hunt lol.

I have a question. If all of the people on here from Montana don't want NRs coming and hunting in their state, why do you put in for non resident tags in other states? Isn't that a bit hypocritical? Don't you think those people are mad at that and you should do what you are telling non residents hunting in Montana to do?

I don't care either way. I don't hunt in Montana anyways. I just thought it was funny after reading all of this.

Come hunt in New Mexico and enjoy the 5 day rifle hunt lol.
If you don't care either way and will never hunt MT then STFU and go away, nothing about this is funny, nothing. You don't have or ever will have a Dog in the Race.

I retired from the Army last year, sold everything I own and moved to MT in the hope of a new life away from the mass of idiots in mainstream society. I actually do care as I had to hunt this season as NR due to residency requirements that are 6mos currently, I'd be in favor of pushing that further out.

I have MT, no need for New Mexico or any other state.

You have 3K + in posts, yet you don't contribute to the forum and want to blast senior members that do contribute for their opinions.

That is the portrait of being hypocritical, food for thought.

If you don't care either way and will never hunt MT then STFU and go away, nothing about this is funny, nothing. You don't have or ever will have a Dog in the Race.

I retired from the Army last year, sold everything I own and moved to MT in the hope of a new life away from the mass of idiots in mainstream society. I actually do care as I had to hunt this season as NR due to residency requirements that are 6mos currently, I'd be in favor of pushing that further out.

You have 3K + in posts, yet you don't contribute to the forum and want to blast senior members that do contribute for their opinions.

Right on!!!
Semper Fi!
Wish we could do the same as you AMU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, thanks for your service.

Second, I'm just making an observation. If you don't hunt other states then obviously I wasn't talking yo you.

Third, I don't see how you came to the conclusion that it's hypocritical of me to post my opinion even though I Havnt contributed a dollar amount and you have? Never said you couldn't post your opinion nor did I bash one single person for it.

Lastly, I'm in New Mexico because my job requires it. Been here for 19 years and will be retiring (I envy you) in 4 more years from a government (well one party won't) that won't allow me to do my job but that's a totally different discussion.

Oh and thanks for the politeness lol, it was a breath of fresh air.

Last edited: