Mountain merriams

Bucklowery

Anyone have any leads on a guide or outfitter for a true mountain merriams with pure white feathers. I am experienced hunter and don't mind DIY hunt but going out West from Florida I can't afford to waste days scouting. I dont have that much vacation

Thanks

Buck

I haven't heard of a Mountain Merriam's. That would make an awesome mount with all white feathers. Good luck with your search and hunt.

Is it like this one Named Drumstick?
292C9D31-0708-427D-9932-A077CC6B454D.jpeg

Montana has over the counter tags for turkeys and there are quite a few. Eastern Montana has the best hunting for merriams in the state, IMO and most property owners are friendly enough to let you hunt.
The area around Brodus, Ashland and Colstrip is a great place to hunt and there is a fair amount of public land as well.

I see a flock of Merriams quite often taking my granddaughter to school. Colorado has Merriams in the mountains and Rio Grandes out east.
I took a Merriams years ago near Lyons and see them in Estes Park frequently. Shorter legs than Rios and appear to be heavier. The tail feathers of the Toms are quite nice.
The Colorado eastern slope has quite a few especially south near the Spanish Peaks area. They move up to higher elevations in the spring and down in the fall.
Best of luck finding them on public land without scouting!