Montana Wolf hunters!

My wife and I just returned from a trip out west. Part of the trip (3 days) was spent camping and driving around YNP looking at trees. I say trees because we seen only a couple of elk and some buffalo. Three days of driving hundreds of miles to see virtually nothing.
We were speaking with a lady from Montana at a small convenient store. She said she has been going to YNP her entire life and the past several years the Park has become little to no animals. She said it was depressing. She said when she was a kid there were animals all over the place every time they went there. Now there were no animals to view.
I asked her what had changed and she said she had no clue.

Don't over look cats,,, they are know as fresh meat eaters,,, """Normally""" that is.

Sometimes the cats do the take down,,, then the Wolves show up after the fact,,, of course this is not a always.

Wolves take the blame since those are the most tracks seen at the site,,, it takes a keen eye to spot 1 or more cat tracks in a mix of wolf tracks...

Let's not forget Grizzly Bears either,,, the numbers on them are going up north of the 49th,,, Grizzly might not be fast,,, but they can out walk most humans and furry critters even if it takes 2 to 3 days... The old Boars and Sows are pretty smart at this.

Last tracks at the kill site is one thing,,, its the first tracks that show signs of what's really going on.

Alway more wrong then wrong. LOL
Let's just load em up and send em to California Gritz and wolf

I wish y'all got 1/2 as angry about the welfare rancher grazing the public land down to bare earth while leaving his own private spread a habitat Mecca for elk and deer as you are about the wolves. The wolf has been a perfect scapegoat for the real people who have robbed us of access, robbed us of right of ways, robbed us of habitat. All while demanding to be compensated every time one of their cows (grazing on public land) gets eaten. Hoarding all the game (hazing them with helicopters to even) so they can sell them off to the highest bidder come hunting season, then demand that FWP either give them depredation tags, compensate them for their so called lost hay, or haze them off the very ranch that they've gone to great lengths to keep them on right up until the last day of the season.

We are being fleeced by the DOL and the welfare ranchers. Sorry to generalize, not all in ranching are this way. Not all ranchers are asking for a handout. Open your eyes and see the real problem.

There are problems,but not compared to wolf,they ate out the game in local wilderness areas,no ranching there.Ever hear of block management? Thats access to thousands of acres,of private.I use to hunt one that was 13 miles long and 55,000 acre

I understand the private land locking out access to public land. Seen it in several of my old spots. Big money came in and bought the ranches and ended the access. Probably a greater problem than that is the Fed Gov limiting access to public land forcing the hunters into the same few access points. Forest Service land being treated like wilderness and gating all the roads. We, here in MT, have less hunters than we did in the 70's and 80's yet it feels like you can not get away from other hunters. We are being funneled into the same areas now.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.