Minnesota

Virginia Rifle and Pistol Club is holding a MOA rifle match, Sunday 17 May at 10 AM.
No magnums, $5.00 entry fee to cover target cost.

300 yard, 5 rounds, 3 inch gong, cold bore.
400 yard, 5 rounds, 4 inch gong.
500 yard, 5 rounds, 5 inch gong.

If there is a tie on the number of hits, a shoot off at 500 yards on a 3 inch gong will decide the tie.

This is a fun match, shooting one at a time at their own target with many shooters helping to spot. The targets have natural background except for 400 yard which has a sand berm.
No mechanical support for the rear of the rifle, can use sandbags or bipod on the front and sandbags on the rear.

Send me an email if you are interested, still have some openings.

Virginia Rifle and Pistol Club is holding a MOA rifle match, Sunday 17 May at 10 AM.
No magnums, $5.00 entry fee to cover target cost.

300 yard, 5 rounds, 3 inch gong, cold bore.
400 yard, 5 rounds, 4 inch gong.
500 yard, 5 rounds, 5 inch gong.

If there is a tie on the number of hits, a shoot off at 500 yards on a 3 inch gong will decide the tie.

This is a fun match, shooting one at a time at their own target with many shooters helping to spot. The targets have natural background except for 400 yard which has a sand berm.
No mechanical support for the rear of the rifle, can use sandbags or bipod on the front and sandbags on the rear.

Send me an email if you are interested, still have some openings.
If I didn't have that weekend booked already, I'd be going.

I got excited after reading this article, but then I don't really follow politics that much. Does VETO PROOF mean that the governor can't veto the bill and had to sign it into law? Or can he pull a fast one on us and find a loophole to veto?

Blog

I got excited after reading this article, but then I don't really follow politics that much. Does VETO PROOF mean that the governor can't veto the bill and had to sign it into law? Or can he pull a fast one on us and find a loophole to veto?

Blog

The way I understand it it means if he vetos it there is enough votes to bypass his veto, If he does not sign it by friday it just goes into law without his support but its law. but if he veto's it and the sesson ends it ends up in limbo untill session comes back to revote on it and bypass his veto. The thing is it contains more things than just the suppressor law that has to do with public safety so if he veto's it it will make him look like he is against public safety. The bill has overwelming support from both parties and if he veto's it he's is kicking his own party in the teeth.

I would immediately be putting one on my DPMS and honestly, with a lot of western states allowing them for big game hunting, I would likely be changing my mind on the rifle I was looking at purchasing for long range hunting opting for a can instead of a brake. We shall see.

The bill also has other gun rights items included.
This bill includes:

Legalizing suppressors (Briefing: Suppressors -Mufflers for Firearms)
Capitol Carry Notification (Briefing: Capitol Carry Notification)
Emergency Powers (Briefing: Emergency Powers)
Interstate Purchase of Long Guns (Briefing: Long Gun Purchase in other States)
Other States' Permit Recognition

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.