Mid-level tripod?

Any recommendations for a mid-tier/price tripod setup for multiple uses? (Spotting Scope and ARCA Swiss rail)

Already have a BogPod DeathGrip Carbon for use with an AR with thermal at night. Looking for something better for my 6.5 PRC or spotting scope.

Not ready to dive in at RRS prices, however.

Any recommendations for a mid-tier/price tripod setup for multiple uses? (Spotting Scope and ARCA Swiss rail)

Already have a BogPod DeathGrip Carbon for use with an AR with thermal at night. Looking for something better for my 6.5 PRC or spotting scope.

Not ready to dive in at RRS prices, however.
Why not convert your bog pod to a Arca setup? You can buy an arca plate for the deathgrip saddle if wanted to keep it. I am converting mine to a ball head with Arca plate. I will like it better since it would allow me to level the rifle by the ball head instead of adjusting the legs on uneven ground.

Who makes conversion hardware for BogPod DeathGrip Carbon? I was under the assumption that the saddle could not be removed.
Here is one showing you how to change out the saddle and use a ball head and Arca plate for your rifle. This is the one I am using to convert mine, the ball head will be here on Thursday.

Here is another one on a kit you can buy with a ball head and also an arca plate to mount the saddle on if you want to keep the death grip saddle.

What is mid level to you? I use this, its fantastic. More expensive than some, a lot less some.

Not sure which version of the death-grip you have. I've been using one for about 2 months now. The one I have is already arca compatible. the saddle part comes off and there is an arca compatible portion.

It also has 1/4 turn locking on the legs.

So far, I like it pretty well and it wasn't insanely expensive. It isn't exactly lightweight either though.

I use a Davis and Sanford under my spotting scope for sitting, it's basically a tank. Low cost and heavy, somewhat single-purpose in that it's not easy to move around with, but all that mass took a lot of shake out of the spotter. I use a Swaro 115mm objective with the bino eyepiece, and even the 1.7x extender sometimes so any shake at all is very problematic for me:

Not the most packable but it's a cheap way to set up multiple stations to practice shooting off the tripod. And it's so solid it's been packed several times anyways.

Leofoto
SA-324C with MA-30L ball head.
Exactly this. I run one of these side by side to my Two Vets Tripod and RRS Anvil 30. It's super comparable and 40% of the price. I suggested this one to HuntnPack and it sounds like he really likes it.

Don't be afraid make an offer to this seller much lower than his asking.

Last edited: