Looking at new presses

My son is thinking about a Hornady Lock-n-Load single stage for his first press but I don't see any mention of it in this post. Are there problems with it?

My son is thinking about a Hornady Lock-n-Load single stage for his first press but I don't see any mention of it in this post. Are there problems with it?
None at all. One of the two presses I have is the Lock-n-Load single stage press, it works fine. It makes changing of the dies very simple with their quick change bushing system.

If you want to see all of the presses in action and graded by performance, check out Ultimate Reloader on UTube by Gavin.
Hey Kmccord, You know, we all refer to that video, " Me Included," as a good reference point on this subject. I have seen It referred to in other threads
and every time I see It, I want to say. That I, find it BIAS. "No, Crapp",, Bias. I am a GREAT BIG FAN OF GAVINS. My conclusion may be, because I have watched it so many times over and over, buuuuuuuut, That's my final on that video.
Please don't think that I'm Flaming you, at all.:)
If some one asked me for info, on a video comparing presses. THIS, would be, the video that I would reference them to, also.:)
BIMHO,,, it's bias.
Gavin:> If you ever see this... I love you Man, I'll see you over on Patreon. CTECH01

I was wanting him to see the different presses in operation and what he showed for runout etc. Out of his lineup, I think the RCBS Rock Chucker came out on top. I know what you are saying, but to see all different presses in action and to see the outcome on his measurements.

I was wanting him to see the different presses in operation and what he showed for runout etc. Out of his lineup, I think the RCBS Rock Chucker came out on top. I know what you are saying, but to see all different presses in action and to see the outcome on his measurements.
Me to, That's why I mainly Reference this video. I try to keep my personal views out of it. But this forum is suppose to be about our personal experiences.
I try to keep the neg out of it, unless it just has tobe stated in order to make a point of view that is productive.
Thank You Sir.

Last edited:
I recently picked up a Forester Co-Ax. Anyone have any tips/tricks on running it to better control shoulder bump, etc? I've been wondering what kind of variability in shoulder bump (.001 to .002"? more?) guys have seen who have experience running the press. Same question applies for other brass dimensions too if you care to chime in.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.