AnnealEez issue

Alibiiv

I have an AnnealEez annealing system that my son bought me a couple of years ago to replace the salt-bath system. He did not like me messing with extremely hot salts, thus the AnnealEez. I have been struggling with this piece of equipment since I have owned it, perhaps someone can give me some direction with this. I know there are better systems out there, but... presently this is what I have to work with. The first problem is getting the cases to turn, no matter what adjustments I make I just end up with them not spinning equally and sometimes not at all. And... I have watched all of the videos on the AnnealEez web page. The next is getting the torch adjusted to where the flame needs to be and "then" keeping it there. One would think there would be a better design for holding the torch in place while annealing than what is there now. Presently I am trying to anneal some 6.5 Grendels, there doesn't seem to be wheel that actually fits this cartridge as it seems to be in the middle of the small and the larger wheels. I am at the point where any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I know there are some really creative readers on this forum and hopefully I can get some help.

They have wheels for the short mag cartridges. You may need to get a set of those. The newer wheels have a blue friction surface on the exterior to help rotate the cases.

I believe I have the latest version where the torch is separate from the case rotating machine. Is that what you have?

There are several videos on the vendor's website to assist with setup. Lastly, give them a ring. Small business.

They have wheels for the short mag cartridges. You may need to get a set of those. The newer wheels have a blue friction surface on the exterior to help rotate the cases.

I believe I have the latest version where the torch is separate from the case rotating machine. Is that what you have?

There are several videos on the vendor's website to assist with setup. Lastly, give them a ring. Small business.
Thank you for the reply. The unit that I have "is" attached to the cabinet of the machine. I was a toolmaker in a previous life, I wish that I had to tools to make my own design up.

Like FFF said, you might like the newer torch holder. It looks like a muffler clamp and is separate from the main unit. Sort of a much larger version of just jons cable clamp that clamps onto the propane tank

Thank you for your reply. I will look into the new wheels. It would be great to get the casings to rotate.

A bit of alcohol on the wheel surface should address the case not spinning issue. Agree that the torch mount is a PITA. I tried several unsuccessful mods before I came across this video. Simple and cheap.

Thank you for this reply, I will be making this modification for sure. I cannot believe that AnnealEez did not find a better system to mount the torch. This modification looks to be simple and effective as well.

So he gave you a system over twice as hot as salt..
Yes he did do that. But... there's less likely a catastrophic episode with the torch as there is with spilled, hot salts. I dropped some of the heated salts on a piece of card board and it burned straight through it. If one were to have a spill of that hot salt anywhere on their skin it would cause some serious burn. I will take my chances with the torch over the hot salt bath.

This is how I attached my torch head, a simple J-Clamp and washer & nut. Real solid
IMG_0708.JPG

Recent Posts