Longe range hunting rounds data

FURMAN

It would be nice to see something like the Accurateshooter cartridge data on LRH.coms home page. I love discussing different cartridges but it would be nice to have a lot of the collective data gathered and placed in an article for various cartridges on the home page. We have a lot of very knowledgeable individuals who have a lot of experience that some of us will never have. It would be great to collect their work for all to enjoy. I am sure many would love to contribute.

There is, kind of.
It is under ...

Hunting.
FAQ.
Reloading, equipment, loads,brass bullets ,ect.

Unfortunately that's not even close to what I'm suggesting. Go over to Accurate shooter and take a look. They have a lot of great information but it's geared towards competition cartridges. I think it would be nice to have the same for bigger cartridges.

I actually had to go look after your first post. I did not know that was there but is still not like I am suggesting.

I frequently visit RELOADERS NEST.

It is very important that specific barrel twist barrel and barrel length be stated as well as freebore/chamber info (tight vs loose chamber) for a given load.

Maybe you could P.M. Len to start a 'CARTRIDGE DATA SPREADSHEET ' with columns for specific rifle data.

Cartridge ,
bullet,
powder,
primer,
brand of brass,
barrel length,
barrel twist,
temperature tested,
Ect.

Reloader's nest is still just a list of loads that people have tried. It's not what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting that Len would solocit or the right people would volunteer to right articles to be placed on the home page. This article would compare the better bullets, different brass available(with case capacities), freebores that work best, neck clearances that work best, etc. load data is everywhere adding more here really does nothing. I'm talking about mimicking the articles on accurate shooter only with the cartridges more often associated with long range and extreme long range hunting.

Ok show me on accurate shooter were the data for 300 Win mag or 7mm Rem mag or 26 Nosler or 28 Nosler or 338 Edge or 338 Lapua is. That's my point. They have great data for competition rounds. It's not a long range hunting forum. This is.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.