Long Range Shooting Schools

trebark

I'm about to send my rifle off to be rebarreled. It will be back some time in the early summer. The excitement is killing me. I can't wait. When I have it back, I'll post some before and after pics.

I've done some long range shooting, but I'd like to take a course to improve my skills, learn what I don't know and maybe unlearn some bad habits.

Can anybody recommend or just know of a course? If you could provide a web link, that would be great. Although, I'm in Virginia, I'd be willing to take some vacation time to travel to a quality school.

thanks

Storm Mountian Training Center is in West Virginia.

Training Division

There are three levels of Long Range Rifle, maximum distance will be about 750 yards in Long Range Rifle I (LRR I), 1000 yards (LRR II) and there is also a shooting movers class (LRR III).

I've heard good things about those schools. Here is another option. Darrell Holland sent me this message as he was returning from SHOT.

Holland Guns

Just returned from the SHOT SHOW, pretty busy... We will soon have our reticle in Nightforce scopes, we will do the 5.5x22x50's in the FFP. Should be a great addition to the long range hunter...

We may have the Navy Seals out to our shooting school, they spent quite awhile talking over the school and what we have to offer in the line of training and shooting opportunities. Hope they make it, I'm very interested to see how the military units measure up to good civilian shooters???

There is the one run by Goodgrouper in Paradise, Utah.

Untitled Document

If you should go and do any kayaking on the Little bear and find my glasses in the river bottom don't bother bringing them back because my prescription has changed.

One of the best long range schools and shooters is right near you. Look up Central Virginia Tactical run by Vernon Harrison. He has a range to 2000 yards and teaches in central va. Retired SF and other agency sniper an trains govn and LE snipers.

www.centralvirginiatactical.com
BH

Thanks for all the great referrals everybody. I think I know what I'm doing for summer vacation.

Does anybody have any more suggestions?