Len's Southwest Photo hiking adventure March 2022 Part 1 - Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend

The immensity of the landscapes beauty just overwhelms your senses when you breathe it in. Photo's are awesome but when you experience it in person the sight, the smell, wind, sky just burn into your memory like no photo can ever achieve. I sometimes wish a photo could actually provide those sensory impressions back to you.

I know sometimes I forget to take a photo because I got too wrapped up in the moment.

Love to see short vid!
Thanks for "sharing"!

I hope some of you have a chance to view these on a larger screen than a phone.

Prior to this post my pix in this thread were from my very good phone.

Those uploaded for this reply are from my brand new Nikon Z7, full frame mirrorless camera.

Here goes... new camera, new editing software, working out of a restaurant.

These uploaded image files are substantially compressed to make them much smaller file size for web viewing.

What could possibly go wrong?

First one is a tribute to Kathy Spaeth, that cute 8th grade girl who sat in front of me.

I walked her home from school on March 30, 1960.

The rest of these photos were taken yesterday and this morning.

I hiked down Kaibab Trail to where it intersects with Tonto West Trail.. I took that west to its intersection with Bright Angel Trail at the Indian Garden Campground.

I tented there last night.

This am @ 5 am, an hour and a half before sunrise I broke camp and headed up to the top of the South Rim at the Bright Angel Trailhead. Made it just after 9 am in spite of photo stops.

This afternoon I head to Page Arizona, where I will photograph the Horseshoe Bend site...in the Colorado River.

_DSC1094.jpg

Last edited: