Lawton 8000 CheyTac M310 bolt source

The Lawton 310 was the same action as the Lawton 8000, except it was made for Chey Tac. The 8000 was made for the general public. It's possible that when Chevy Tac started using other receivers, they kept the 310 nomenclature.

I have a CheyTac model 310 action (and CheyTac chassis) on my 338/408 rifle and a Lawton 8000 action will drop right into the chassis and a Lawton 8000 bolt is identical to my CheyTac 310 bolt.

They tried to make a go for a while. I think someone in the Bitterroot valley purchased out their equipment and maybe tried to continue making some actions and rifles, but I don't think they are still in business either.

That sounds right. I believe Alex Wheeler mentioned that some of the Lawton guys were not to far from him back when I had Alex build my 338/408 pistol.

The Lawton 310 was the same action as the Lawton 8000, except it was made for Chey Tac. The 8000 was made for the general public. It's possible that when Chevy Tac started using other receivers, they kept the 310 nomenclature.
There was a weird "transition" period after Barney got sick, I think that is when they may have intermittently used some other actuons before they went to different model designations...

What ever happened there after he died? I know there was a PA connection, and had heard the machines were headed back there, but never heard any more about it.

After Barney died things went down hill fast, he never trusted anyone so very, very few if anybody would have kept it going. Some bad blood between family and employees ended with the programs being erased for some other the stuff and it was bought by an investor type guy who paid way to much and thinks it's worth way to much, some machines have been sold of many remain.

Attachments

• 17F2CE05-4035-48E4-AC16-A7B6FD436777.png
    17F2CE05-4035-48E4-AC16-A7B6FD436777.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 38
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts