375 Cheytac Brake?

Again J E comes through with the strait skinny......:)

What about a hydraulic dampener system? I could come up with ideas all day (for someone else to try...:roll eyes:)

We also looked at this method and decided it did not match the reactions of the human body because it dampened at the same rate through out the recoil cycle and could not be measured consistently if different rifles were used.(It doesn't mean it would not work, just that we ruled it
out for what we wanted).

With the system we have developed, we have been able to predict the recoil within less than
1 ft/lb of recoil.

As I said, It may not be perfect but it is very close and predictable.

Keep coming up with those good ideas Roy, I still like your annealing method the best because it is simple and it works great every time and has little or no set up time if I am only doing a few cartridges.

J E CUSTOM

J E,

I'm chuck full of ideas.....the problem is that after awhile I can't recall them any more.

BTW, what WAS my annealing process.....?:D

That Is what I call a senior moment when it happens to me.

I thought you came up with the idea of a cordless drill and a socket to put the brass in and rotate
it over a propane torch and just dump it in a pan of water when it was the right color. Was I having a senior moment ?

J E CUSTOM

I thought you came up with the idea of a cordless drill and a socket to put the brass in and rotate
it over a propane torch and just dump it in a pan of water when it was the right color. Was I having a senior moment ?

J E CUSTOM

Actually that was buffalobob but I was in on the discussion and use a similar system...

Actually that was buffalobob but I was in on the discussion and use a similar system...

Sorry Buffalobob. credit where credit is due.

For large amounts of brass I like the pan of water method or a annealing machine, but for small batches the cordless drill
method works great and requires minimum set up.

I subscribe to the KISS philosophy (Keep It Simple Stupid) because some of the best Ideas are very simple and work the best.

J E CUSTOM

Last edited:
I'm running a t5 terminator on my Cheytac and it works a treat . I would totally buy one again . Makes the big girl a dream to shoot. gun)

I'm running a t5 terminator on my Cheytac and it works a treat . I would totally buy one again . Makes the big girl a dream to shoot. gun)

Was shooting 375 cheytacs yesterday( all our guns run terminators) a guy who had never shot the big guns before shot the 20 pound 375 with a terminator t5 at the 960 yard gong direct hit and he said it was a kitten to shoot!gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.