Just ordered my 338 EDGE

Rem 700 magnum action, blue printed , re cut threads, bolt re timed and bolt stop moved.
Wyatts extended mag box kit.

Manners T4, 90% graphite fill, 14.5 inches pull adj b/spacer , Coyote Tan

Fully worked over old style Rem trigger with new spring etc.

Lawton 30 inch fluted Sendero taper stainless match barrel- 8 land 1 in 10 twist

Mini extreme 5 port by Nate from Straight Shot Gun Smithing

Seekins 20MOA rail with 8x40 screws.

Lawton pinned recoil lug - floating

N/F Ultralite rings
N/F scope NXS

5.6 kg on the nose including scope

Custom Gun Kote baked paint job.. Mixture of Tan/ Od green and black. every visble screw head is painted!

Laser engraving on floor plate and barrel.

Last edited:
Sig542,
"Montana" as she is named is one beautiful outfit to be proud of.
Geoff Grenfell has excelled in producing another top grade tackhole shooting rifle with his gunsmithing skills and know how once again.
You forgot to mention the tight group Wild Bill shot with this rifle at 300 yards whilst he was testing and partly running in the barrel for you.
For everyone's information Bill put two consecutive bullets through the same hole at 300 yards during running in the barrel with the third shot opening that one hole group out to 1/2 inch at 300 yards. Excellent accuracy and performance in anyone's books for a rifle that has shot only ten rounds and is not even fully run in.
Wild Bill has also excelled with his paint job and it is a perfect example of his passion for putting together a top grade paint job to compliment Geoff's work on this high quality outfit.
I am now waiting for Geoff to start building my 338 SnipeTac and for Wild Bill to do the painting, load development and running in of mine in January.

Thanks Ridge Rider.

Its a very nice rifle and suitable r loads are being crafted at the moment for further testing.. Initial indicators are she will be a real roofing nail hammer.

A whole heap of of 2217 powder has been ordered to keep the batch burn rate the same. Dont forget we have 1,000 of the new Hornady 285's coming down under for the .338's . I dont think the 44 300 gn Bergers we sourced will go very far!

Once I sort a fine load load with that new batch of powder it will be game on. Plenty of practice coming up during the warmer months..

Those boys in Bendigo did a great job and I had no idea how the colours were going to turn out.. laser engraving is very nice..

It looks like new match Benchmark APS wrapped barrels wont be that far away for our 2011 projects.

The only problem will be trying to keep up with that Snipetac! Some how after looking at the case and Idaho profile tube I'll just give up now! :rolleyes:

Thanks Ridge Rider.

It looks like new match Benchmark APS wrapped barrels wont be that far away for our 2011 projects.

The only problem will be trying to keep up with that Snipetac! Some how after looking at the case and Idaho profile tube I'll just give up now! :rolleyes:

My Benchmark barrels have been trimmed down by Benchmark on their unique and special purpose machines for this task and are ready to be carbon fibre wrapped by ABS.
The machining has been completed on both of my new carbon fibre barrels yesterday and were sent to ABS for wrapping.
With a bit of luck Geoff might receive these and both of my Accumarks (30-378 and 338-378) will receive their new barrels hopefully in early January.
Along with new Ultra Light weight stocks from Tom Manners made with 100%carbon fibre both of these will now become light weight long range rifles.
Because of their light weight I am also going to have both of them fitted with Lawton/CheyTac 3 port muzzle brakes to tame the muzzle jump and recoil.
I am estimating both rifles might come in at 9 1/2 pounds with their NightForce scopes.

As for the 338SnipeTac give me some competition and let's have some good fun and good rivalry at Little River or at Top Shot's shooting range.

BTW I spoke with Top Shot last night and his "Nargun" 338 RUM with 26" Pacnor barrel put together by Geoff also looks like being another promising tackhole rifle during its initial barrel run in and load development session..

Top Shot was pushing them Hornady 250 grainers out at over 3000 fps.

With my new 30" new carbon barrel on my 338-378 I hope to crack over 3200 fps with them Hornady 250 grainers as I am already getting 3180 fps out of the standard Krieger barrel with AR2555 (Retumbo) powder and this is not even a hot load but a very accurate one.

Hey all,
I am new to this forum, but I have been tinkering with the idea about building a LRH rifle for a while now, and then the 338 EDGE reared it's head up and I liked it haha, so any way....

I have ordered a PSECO rifle made by John Giles, Heavy fluted 30" lija barrel, Stiller Predator Tactical action, McMillan A-4 Stock with thumbwheel cheekpiece, vias brake I know this will kick **** up all over the joint but a simple pack laid underneath with stop this.

So yeah pretty excited and can't wait to get hold of this puppy.

Someday soon I'll be in the Aussie EDGE club too gun)

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sent you a P.M.

Well my rife is nearly done just needing to be chambered and Ceracoated

Here are some pics of her so far

IMG_3010_A4.jpg

IMG_3008_A4.jpg

I am buying a reamer for it which will stay in Giles shop for a while to see how much work it get's otherwise I will grab it back off him, I am hearing you with the brakes I am emailing company's flat out trying to get one with no reply, hopefully one will reply and I can get it down pronto,

as for the 308 on a =Remy I know it's a 338 EDGE on a Stiller :D gun)

Perhaps this isn't any of my business but may I ask ....Why are you leaving the reamer with him, so that he can make money out of you?
He obviously made you pay for it as he was too tight to buy one , make him buy it off him if he wants to use it to chamber other customer's rifles with it.
After all it's your money Ralph.

Nearly there!

I did warn you that you wont have it in Feb:D Good things will take a bit of time!

Lets see how that Lilja shoots against the Sedero Lawton? I'm only using a blue printed 700 action so that will give you a head start. HA HA. Top Shot has seen it in action and its only getting better ! It wont be long before Australian Trophy hunter hits the stands and you can see my full article on Montana.

I'm out of action as my N/F is now having a Zero stop fitted and getting an upgrade.:rolleyes:

My new action order (Lawton 7000) has been submitted this week so my "Carbonizer " is at least 6 to 9 months away as I have to join the que.. Barrel should be here any time . Happy to wait as my last one was worth the wait.

You will just have to wait and see how good this APS wrapped barrel comes up. Its in .30 cal.. and the rifling is a bit of a secret!

You will just have to wait and see how good this APS wrapped barrel comes up. Its in .30 cal.. and the rifling is a bit of a secret!

Sig,

Don't forget my two carbon-terminators in 308 & 338 are also in the same batch as yours.
With the weight reductions at already 14 ounces and now with possibly another pound reduction in weight both of my carbon-terminators should each weigh in at a respectable stalking/walkabout weight of 9lbs 4ozs and that is with a "heavy" NF 5.5-22x56 scope on top.
Can't wait for these to arrive.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.