Is this typical?

Ridge Runner

this a typical fireform group?
JS
7_AM_target.jpg

I'm guessing that's with your new 7mm AM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yup, with an APS built gun that's pretty typical. Everytime I shot mine at 100 with fire form loads it was almost always all shots touching and sometimes it even gets better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Enjoy and keep us posted.

James,

Nice shooting and obviously loading. Rifles only shoot as well as their ammo and pilot will!!! Looks like you will not have any problems with your rifle!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

no kirby, none, with the exception of those bases, never did figure that one out. looks like I've got about 30 moa somewhere in the rings or reciver. I'm around 15 moa up from the bottom of the xotic USS with standard weaver GS bases.
RR

Daaaang James !!! , I want one of them . Good loading /shooting and good choosing on a smith /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jim B.

Well thats what I started out doing with my .270 AM as well, only after putting 30 or so through there, the hole opened up to a little over 1.5". I cannot say this had anything what so ever to do with the rifle, but can say it has a LOT to do with me learning to finess the trigger that Kirby did an awesome job on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When you go from shooting factory rifles with the lightest trigger in the bunch running maybe 2.5 lbs, to one that might go 1 lb, there is a definate learning curve. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yes, it's typical. Nice groups like that happen when new cases are reasonably uniform and their case heads are square. I've always found good new cases to shoot 98%+ as accurate as full-length sized ones and better than any neck-only or partial-neck sized ones. And new H&H-type belted cases have always shot more accurate than conventionally full-length sized ones.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.