Is the 325 WSM going by the way side.

I made sure I bought plenty of brass for my 325wsm rifles. Heck, I got enough to make it through 2 barrel changes(at least). You can still get ammo in quite a few places. Good suggestion you made though.

I made sure I bought plenty of brass for my 325wsm rifles. Heck, I got enough to make it through 2 barrel changes(at least). You can still get ammo in quite a few places. Good suggestion you made though.

It realy doesn't matter if it is not popular, as long as it will do what a person wants/needs he/she should not let popularity talk you out of it for something else that is for all practical purposes the same.

If you have the 325 and like the rifle, just buy plenty of cases and bullets and load for the rifle. This is a good cartridge and in the right rifle, with the right bullets well suited for any North American game

The 338 are more popular and have more choices of bullets, but once you find the right bullet you only need to stock up on that bullet.

J E CUSTOM

Yepper..buy your brass now...just like all the rest of the boost sales dreams...
wsm's, wssm's, saum's, 405win, and the like all call for a good bit of hoarding to keep them shooting. The factories will be of little support in the coming years for these soon to be "obsolete" cartridges that are really just fine. Some, like the rums and 7stw have decent support in sister brass that can be (rather) easily formed into what you need, but many of the others need a decent supply of brass or they will be wall hangers.

I have a shorter barreled custom 325 8lb that I use for my horseback hunts. It rides real nice in the scabbard and packs a great punch. Killed lots of elk with the 200gr Can't seem to get rid of mine, just love it for some reason.

It's one of those cartridges that when you compare to all the 30's and 338's out there today it just doesn't stack up. But in the right set up it is a great hunting gun that packs a punch and will do anything you need it to until about 600-700 yards. Fall flat because of lack of bullets and faster twists barrels

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.