Introducing the Absolute Hammer

fish2keel - This is the rifle I built in honor of my son who was taken all to early from us at just 18 years old in a motorcycle accident. It's a trued Rem 700, I slab sided and engraved his name on it. Wyatt box, pillar bedded in McMillan A3 sporter, PacNor #2 (PacNor graciously sponsored him with a barrel when he was competing), helical fluted, 9T 24" with Vais brake. Swarovski Z5i 3.5-18x44. Load is 140 Absolute Hammer 210M primer, Norma brass, 50.5 grains H4895 loaded to OAL 2.96 getting 3127 FPS and using G7 of .225 it was dead on out to 650 without playing with any numbers.
It's sad to lose a son. Way to young. My though are with you on that.

fish2keel - This is the rifle I built in honor of my son who was taken all to early from us at just 18 years old in a motorcycle accident. It's a trued Rem 700, I slab sided and engraved his name on it. Wyatt box, pillar bedded in McMillan A3 sporter, PacNor #2 (PacNor graciously sponsored him with a barrel when he was competing), helical fluted, 9T 24" with Vais brake. Swarovski Z5i 3.5-18x44. Load is 140 Absolute Hammer 210M primer, Norma brass, 50.5 grains H4895 loaded to OAL 2.96 getting 3127 FPS and using G7 of .225 it was dead on out to 650 without playing with any numbers.
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about the rifle. It sounds amazing and I'm sure your son would be very proud. I'm sorry for your loss.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, my intent was just to elaborate on the build as fish2keel asked for more information.

But, thank you all for thoughts and prayers. We never know how much time we have ourselves or with our family members. It's been quite some time now and some days aren't too bad with grandchildren helping to fill the void. Other days it's a tough road to go down. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I take his ashes with me when I travel to hunt and fish and always spread some there.

@RockyMtnMT, any chance we see some expanded Target Hammer offerings, maybe based on the AH meplat design? Or is the BC benefit not there and I should stick with the HHs?

I remember there being a rough distance where AH got outrun, but wondering if there's a change when the nose is closed down or made solid.

Last edited:
@RockyMtnMT, any chance we see some expanded Target Hammer offerings, maybe based on the AH meplat design? Or is the BC benefit not there and I should stick with the HHs?

I remember there being a rough distance where AH got outrun, but wondering if there's a change when the nose is closed down or made solid.
Hoping that we find time to further develop our target line. We pretty well have the designs done. Just need range time!

I have to say I was super impressed yesterday with the 116 absolutes in my brothers 270wsm browning medallion while I was making yardage marks on his scope for him. Wouldn't that raise some eyebrows at a 600 competition if you didn't have to rapid fire 10 in 10. Yes please make some target bullets and show Berger that they can be replaced, thank you

I want to say a ballistic app would be sweet but then you wouldn't be able to keep up with orders so I'm on the fence about that. How hard is that anyways just out of curiosity? My son in-law builds and maintains apps and video games