Inherent accuracy for 7MM SAUM vs. 7MM Rem Mag

I have a 280AI and the first handloads that I shot in it were 4 groups of 3 shots with R26, Fed 210M primers, 160gr AB
59.5/60.0/60.5/61.0grs
My 60.5gr load shot a cloverleaf group and an ES of 2 FPS, 3030/3031/3030,
I thought wow maybe it's a fluke so I loaded up a bunch more,
1st group-3031-3032/3032
2nd group-3031/3030/3030
3rd group-3030/3031/3030

So any cartridge can be easy to tune, and I'm pretty much a rookie hand loader,
Full length resize once fire Nosler brass
Trim to length
Chamfer/prime
Powder and bullets loaded to 3.330"

presto were good to go hunting !
I wish it was always like that, but I have got a lot of good stuff from you guys . Sorry about getting people upset at each other. I think when it come down to it we're all just looking for the same thing. I'm not ready to run off and switch cartridges yet but maybe later. Thanks again for all of the input

I wish it was always like that, but I have got a lot of good stuff from you guys . Sorry about getting people upset at each other. I think when it come down to it we're all just looking for the same thing. I'm not ready to run off and switch cartridges yet but maybe later. Thanks again for all of the input

No need to apologize you asked the question, most everyone has opinion and experience,
Respondents need to answer in a civil unbiased manner with as much info they can to answer your question.

Even though it can get heated at times one can always learn if you keep an open mind.

Don't get discouraged this is an awesome site with a wealth of knowledge

No need to apologize you asked the question, most everyone has opinion and experience,
Respondents need to answer in a civil unbiased manner with as much info they can to answer your question.

Even though it can get heated at times one can always learn if you keep an open mind.

Don't get discouraged this is an awesome site with a wealth of knowledge
Thanks, and don't forget the deadline for Wyoming Elk is coming up quick,Good luck to all of you

Most bench rifles I've been around are 17lbs or less. I've seen a guy try a 7 mag, he built something else.
A LOT of guns will shoot flys at 100 yards but not many will do it at 1000, I've seen three shots in a five shot string touching at 1000 from some of these guns then the group BLOWs up and it still measures 2 inches.

yes i know there are a lot of different "bench weight classes" and they are just a different class of rifle all together. i know the reason why they choose certain rounds its the same reason PRS guys choose certain rounds... and i was asking the other gent if he had physically fired them both from a long range hunting rifle set up not from a bench and noticed the difference in accuracy when both tuned to their max potential!!!

yes i know there are a lot of different "bench weight classes" and they are just a different class of rifle all together. i know the reason why they choose certain rounds its the same reason PRS guys choose certain rounds... and i was asking the other gent if he had physically fired them both from a long range hunting rifle set up not from a bench and noticed the difference in accuracy when both tuned to their max potential!!!
What weight rifle or set up would you consider an excellent long range hunting rifle?

What weight rifle or set up would you consider an excellent long range hunting rifle?

For me an all around "LR Hunting Rifle" is 9-10.5 pounds loaded with optics! i pack it on my pack. most of mine wear Kahles or NF and i deal with the top heavy and weight of the big scopes because they're just that good and i wont compromise, that's my personal preference and i find flyweight rifles harder to control in magnums and not as forgiving at LR in my opinion..

For me an all around "LR Hunting Rifle" is 9-10.5 pounds loaded with optics! i pack it on my pack. most of mine wear Kahles or NF and i deal with the top heavy and weight of the big scopes because they're just that good and i wont compromise, that's my personal preference and i find flyweight rifles harder to control in magnums and not as forgiving at LR in my opinion..
Do you have one of the new NX8 scopes? they look like they might be the ticket

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.