Idahoans sound off.

I reside in Central Idaho. Am still elk hunting. Have a cow permit for unit 18. Am seeing lots of elk! Couple hundred a day, but on the wrong property..... With the recent snow maybe they will move. Have only seen 2 wolves, got shots off at them. Close to a 1000 yrds.

:)

My place is East of Viola, I'm a Moscow Mountain resident. Just starting on LRH. Nice to see Idaho is well represented.

Wow,nobody from Idaho since 2011
Just moved to Salmon and just ready to get some long range shooting in out here

You're in the right place. There's big country in Salmon. I love that part of my drive when going to and from Boise.

Im trying to convince my wife to move to Idaho. She has family renting a house in McCall 6 months a year. I have mostly hunted the midwest but have 1 CO archery elk hunt under my belt. I also hunt waterfowl and understand parts of Idaho are really good. What parts of Idaho have good waterfowling as well as access to big game? The fishing side of me is also looking at that Lewiston area. If McCall is the only city I can talk her into I am fine with that. Whatever gets me out of the Twin Cities area.

I live in the lewiston area and love it! If you are wanting to be a waterfowl hunter youll want to live in Southern Idaho there are not a lot of places in Northern Idaho to do it and it is not really a popular thing for people in Northern Idaho. You can get big game throughout the state depends on if you want to hunt over the counter white tail in northern idaho or mule deer in the south. If you draw a tag for a mule deer throughout the state odds are high you will get a nice one. Typically the south produces larger elk then the north as there are less number of wolves compared to what is in the north. If you have any questions just ask.