Idahoans sound off.

I'm on the Potlatch side of Moscow Mountain so we are up here.
what kinda luck? I shot a nice 4X4 whitetail.

I'm on the Potlatch side of Moscow Mountain so we are up here.
what kinda luck? I shot a nice 4X4 whitetail.

Well I'm down in TX for my apprenticeship and just got pictures from my dad of some guy from California that killed a buck that scored 183 right up by the house. Plus several other decent bucks that were taken so far this year. So apparently it's just me this year not having any luck lol

183 is a nice deer. They won't recognize you when you get back so you can sneak up on them easier!

I hunt up near Cottonwood Idaho and my season was pretty terrible. I could have shot a couple small bucks like everyone else but how will I ever get my dream buck if I shoot all the small ones. I did find a wolf kill and I realized I need to do a lot of predator hunting as there is a lot up there with all the tracks I found this season.

I hunt up near Cottonwood Idaho and my season was pretty terrible. I could have shot a couple small bucks like everyone else but how will I ever get my dream buck if I shoot all the small ones. I did find a wolf kill and I realized I need to do a lot of predator hunting as there is a lot up there with all the tracks I found this season.

Seeing lots of small bucks will eventually lead to big bucks but still that sucks you had no luck. As far as the predator hunting.... put as many wolves on the ground as you can. That's one of my dream kills. I'd love to get a nice big wolf to have mounted!

Idaho born and raised, living near Rexburg. The deer hunt this year was pretty poor. I saw more wolf tracks than I did deer. My son had the same experience on the two days he hunted the desert alone.

Glad to see so many Idahoans on here!

Lived most of my life down here in Twin Falls county.... Drew this year so hunt went well...first day... Heck... First hour buck. Lots of coyotes out this year so spending time getting Wiley to come knocking. No wolves seen east of I15, but did see one last year when deer hunting near Sublett Reservoir. Nice meeting you all.

Recent Posts