I jumped on the 22 Creedmoor bandwagon

I certainly like feedback from a guy that actually gets out with his rifle and puts it to work. Not to say his way is the only way, but this is way better than keyboard cowboys passing on info they heard from somewhere else. We need more of this kind of feedback. Please share more about the bullet performance as I am currently loading my 22 CM with the same bullet but only to get out and plink with what I had on hand. Never thought of it as a hunting bullet.

Thats awesome...I tried everything but RL 26 an H1000 cause I didn't wanna sacrifice it lol. Tried Varget an she likes it...only bout 120 rounds down it. 22 inch Tikka reamed 1 n 8 twist. Tried 40 an she was smokin...but bolt lift wasn't pleasant lol. 39.5 was fine I tried 39.2 an 39.4 an the 39.4 grouped best an was more constant. Wasn't sure if barrel would be down speeding up yet so though it'd play it safe. First time reloading....I really love this gun an cartridge. So 39.4 Varget Alpha SRP CCi 450 75ELDM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240104_093359_Digital Link.jpg
    Screenshot_20240104_093359_Digital Link.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 88
  • 20231102_150632.jpg
    20231102_150632.jpg
    528.9 KB · Views: 93
I certainly like feedback from a guy that actually gets out with his rifle and puts it to work. Not to say his way is the only way, but this is way better than keyboard cowboys passing on info they heard from somewhere else. We need more of this kind of feedback. Please share more about the bullet performance as I am currently loading my 22 CM with the same bullet but only to get out and plink with what I had on hand. Never thought of it as a hunting bullet.
Thank you. I get out as much as I can and fortunately that's quite often. This is my 11th season hunting with thermal. I have had really good luck/performance with the 75gr ELDM. I used the 75gr AMAX before that and it worked great too. I get some dawgs with no exit wound and some with acceptable exit wounds for saving fur. However, occasionally there are those that aren't able to be salvaged!!
Interesting note about the dawg in the 522 yard shot....could not tell exactly where the entrance wound was and there was no exit wound. The entire cavity was mush!! I have another video I can post that was 450 yards and it dumped the whole gut pile out of the dawg! Had to turn it over to take the picture and some still showed.

OK, I am trying this YouTube thing. I'm 60 years old and computers really kick my *** but I have a link to one video. Now I just have to figure out how to get videos from my phone on to the channel. I hate technology!!!
@calib and @waspocrew....you guys are responsible for my stress level at the moment!! ;)

I think you did pretty dang good if you ask me.:cool:

About 4 years ago I bought 600 pieces of Alpha SP 22 Creedmoor brass, Whidden dies and a reamer. A couple years before that I had gotten a Defiance Deviant Elite action off a prize table. Never used any of it.....until the day before yesterday. I got a 8 twist barrel blank from Ace Barrels to have a 26" finished length and chambered it up. Did a little load development yesterday with 75gr ELDM/StaBall 6.5 and to say I'm happy is an understatement. I will possibly have to continue to tweak my load a little because the pics below are shots 11, 12 and 13 thru this Ace Barrel.
I was VERY lucky with my starting load/OAL being so close to what seems to work. This rifle is only going to be used for Thermal hunting so I'll mount and zero my HALO-XRF today and be out looking for coyotes with it tonight.

PS I really don't wanna hear all the crap about a 3 shot group. ;-)

View attachment 520854View attachment 520855
So basically rebarrel 22-250 with a 1-8 twist barrel. Some have already rebarreled a 22-250 with 1-9, awesome long range critter getter. Happy shooting.

So basically rebarrel 22-250 with a 1-8 twist barrel. Some have already rebarreled a 22-250 with 1-9, awesome long range critter getter. Happy shooting.
If you find a Tikka T3X most of them are 1 in 8. Why I went that route had it reamed an done. Only downside is it wasn't threaded but had that done at same time an being a lefty I was just happy to find the gun lol.

If you find a Tikka T3X most of them are 1 in 8. Why I went that route had it reamed an done. Only downside is it wasn't threaded but had that done at same time an being a lefty I was just happy to find the gun lol.
Question,.. Was your Tikka T-3, a .22-250 Rem., 1-8 twist, rifle, THEN, REAMED OUT to, the .22 Creedmoor chamber ?
Did the Chamber "Clean Up", okay ? Who did, the Work for, you ??
Thinking seriously of doing, the SAME, thing to, a New Tikka T-3 !
Thanks, in advance,. Lefty

Question,.. Was your Tikka T-3, a .22-250 Rem., 1-8 twist, rifle, THEN, REAMED OUT to, the .22 Creedmoor chamber ?

I was searching 22-250 lefties an the Tikka an Bergara. The Bergara weigh 9.9lbs no way. On Tikkas web Paige shows 1 in 14 but apparently they just switched or did a special run of 1 in 8. I'm not sure what reamer my gunsmith rented but it cleaned up great I have had no trouble at all. I'm in WV gunsmith in MD about 1 1/2 hr away reamed it, threaded it an re etched it to say 22 Creedmoor. They run about 900-930. I ordered my gun through local shop. First Tikka action an it won't be the last! It is so.....smooth. I ordered a factory 5 round mag it shoots an cycles like a dream.