I jumped on the 22 Creedmoor bandwagon

That's how most of the foxes I've shot with my 6 CM end up looking like as well. I'm going to be swapping my thermal onto my 22 CM soon. Looking forward to it!
I can only use 22 cal at night here in WV or I'd be using a 6mm of some sort. I didn't take a picture of the holes in the coyote but it was nasty lol could hear the bone grating across truck bed

What are people getting for barrel life in 22 Creed when shooting PRS style matches? Call it 100ish rounds per day in 10 shot strings over a given time period?

I want to convert my 22-250 to 22 creed for target shooting, I just don't know if it's worth it over a 6mm due to barrel life.

What are people getting for barrel life in 22 Creed when shooting PRS style matches? Call it 100ish rounds per day in 10 shot strings over a given time period?

I want to convert my 22-250 to 22 creed for target shooting, I just don't know if it's worth it over a 6mm due to barrel life.
IMHO it would not be worth it. The 22 Creedmoor seems to only get around 1100 rounds of barrel life. Also, you would have to slow it way down as most PRS/NRL matches have a 3200fps speed limit. Based on that you will have much better ballistics with a 6mm.
Not sure about if you were to get up to the 90gr bullet weight range tho.....

The 6 xc or, a 6 mm GT, shooting, 103 gr. ELD-X's for, Yotes, Deer or, LR steel and, the 107 gr. SMK's ( Target / LR Steel ),.. ARE really,.. Sweet !
Good BC's in the Wind And,.. both have, GREAT Barrel,.. Life, too !!!
I have a .22-250 rem w/ 50 V-Maxes, for small Varmints to,.. 300 ish, Yds.
The .22 Creed is, Nice BUT,. "Short",.. on Barrel Life !

Last edited:
I used to shoot mid range benchrest…wise old man used to tell me "they make barrels while we sleep at nite, don't worry about barrel life"

Shooting life is more fun when you're standing it ;) 22 Creedmoor with an 70-90 grain bullet is enough fun I ain't missing out because of 1,000 round barrel life.

I used to pull my 6br improved barrels off around 1,100 rounds and that's a lot more rounds than you realize. Get what makes you happy…

Upgraded the Tikka to a XLR 4.0 Magnesium. So worth the weight.....pun intended lol
20240329_180629.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking rig.
Thanks, money pit for sure lol. I think I'm at the bottom of the pit now though no reason to dig further. Mostly wanted collapsed stock to make scanning easier till I decide if I want a scanner or not. My first arca rail an I can see why people like them so much. It's solid an just more handy now