Huskemaw best choice?

ARTJR338WM

Am still in the resurch phase of my long range rig, but I am quite taken by Huskemaw optics as I STRONGLY prefer adusting turits than using a scope who's view is cluttered by multiple aiming points. I also much prefer/like the flexability a turit adjustable scope offers.

For those who own them and use them what are your likes and dislikes.

Thanks,

Arthur.

Dislikes: A little on the high end on weight, length and purchase price.

Have been using a Huskemaw for last 5 years and have put it in some pretty tough operating conditions - it flat out works for me.

I've been using and selling them for 3 entire hunting seasons so far. I love mine and I've never had a customer tell me he wishes he hadn't bought his.

Buy Huskemaw Scopes

Pros: nice to be in the field, range your target, dial turret, shoot, and hopefully punch your tag

Cons: what if you use the rifle enough to where you have to rebarrel? Change load for whatever reason, say, you don't like the bullet performance on game, etc etc...----Now you have an expensive piece of glass designed for ONE load in ONE rifle and that load must stay EXACT. FOREVER.

So, that is a good argument for getting a MOA turret installed, calculate your clicks on each hunt, then reference your drop chart you have for the current hunting load that should be attached to your rifle somewhere, dial in your clicks, and pull the trigger, then punch your tag.

Those who like the Huskemaw and new NF G7 (which includes me), like the convenience of one load, one gun, one bullet, etc., dial in and shoot. But there is risk with that every time you change your lot numbers with future powder, brass, primers, and bullets. You may have to spend quite a bit of time re-tweaking your loads.

Now you have an expensive piece of glass designed for ONE load in ONE rifle and that load must stay EXACT. FOREVER.

If the ballistics change only a little, just attach an adjusting cheat sheet to your stock or scope.

For greater changes, get a new custom turret.

I have been using custom turrets for almost 10 years, first with Kenton Industries and NF. Lately with Huskemaw. Very satisfied, very easy.

They are excellent scopes. I have just bought my third. Everything works the way they say it does and the glass is excellent. If you don't want to use a ballistic turret, use the supplied MOA turret. I have had great success with the ballistic turrets and prefer them for the hunting I do, out to 1000 yards. When supplemented with solid ballistic knowledge about your load, for me at least, they are very fast and precise.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.