Hunting optic….strict $300 and 28 ox weight limits

@gr8fuldoug

Do you all have something similar that's closer to a pound? ( i know - tall order, but id go up a little in price if needed) Decent lighter weight acopes are increasingly hard to find without dropping a bunch of cash --- good glass tends to be heavy too

I've read multiple stories of issues with those scopes.
thanks, will check into it further
I have the scope on my .30 Gibbs and, thus far, have no issues. My only issue with it is the short eye relief, but it is OK for my intended purpose.

.30 Gibbs scoped 1 of .jpg

.30 Gibbs scoped 7 of .jpg

@gr8fuldoug

Do you all have something similar that's closer to a pound? ( i know - tall order, but id go up a little in price if needed) Decent lighter weight acopes are increasingly hard to find without dropping a bunch of cash --- good glass tends to be heavy too
Either a SWFA, you can find them used. The 2.5-10 is crazy light. Or one of the 1in Leupolds. They have multiple scopes under 1lb and at that end of things they don't cost that much.

In the $300 price range nothing will beat or even close to a SWFA, they're not fancy or marketed well at all but they work great and brick solid reliability.

There's other scopes in this price range, but the don't track or maintain zero and they're a complete waste of time and money.