How many of you are cattle ranchers - & cattle farmers ?

We are ranchers! We run cows and outfitting.
Just wondering if the cattle ranchers & farmers sale price is ever going to start catching up a little more with how much beef price went up in the grocery stores. I'm sure alot of cattlemen has been wondering the same thing for the past 30 years or more. Nothing new I don't guess.

My daughter has a show steer and we have a feeder steer right now, my boss runs a few head on my place so I'm not quite what you're looking for, but I was just at an event tonight and visited with a guy who is doing direct to consumer marketing with beef, poultry and pigs, and from what I can tell that's the only way to make any money these days. Theres a USDA butcher about 100 miles away that will take on small volume and then he gets to market his beef direct to the consumers who pay a fortune for grass fed beef and pasture raised chickens and pork. That's the only way the rancher gets to see the higher revenue proportional to the higher prices in the store

My daughter has a show steer and we have a feeder steer right now, my boss runs a few head on my place so I'm not quite what you're looking for, but I was just at an event tonight and visited with a guy who is doing direct to consumer marketing with beef, poultry and pigs, and from what I can tell that's the only way to make any money these days. Theres a USDA butcher about 100 miles away that will take on small volume and then he gets to market his beef direct to the consumers who pay a fortune for grass fed beef and pasture raised chickens and pork. That's the only way the rancher gets to see the higher revenue proportional to the higher prices in the store
Yeah, Ive got a buddy that does that same thing with cattle, chickens & hogs. All naturally fed and sold directly to the consumer. He makes a good living and is not hurting but he does work really hard at it and he's not what I would call loaded with money. But he really enjoys it so maybe he's not rich money wise but probably alot happier than alot of folks who are rich. He's got about 80 head of cattle.

We have a few head we just added this year. Plan to fence off another 75ish acres once the corn comes down and will be adding more next year. Right now its angusXherefords but doing our research on wagyuX

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.