How hard would it be to incorporate something like this

I like reading them too, esp. those just sharing information. The thread gets messed up when the OP asks for relevant and timely advice, and people still provide late recommendations. I often see recommendations where contributor would say, he/she did not read the entire thread but provides the recommendation anyway. I understand we all want to contribute and be active participants, but we need to self-police ourselves and do due diligence to at least read and comprehend the entire post.

I usually read the entire thread and pay close to the post date, when OP was last seen, and if the OP's query has been answered. If not, I will quote the OP to prompt them if the query has been resolved, but that's just me. Do I still mess up? Absolutely, but not many, though! 🤣
Nice post , I agree ,except with reading the entire thread , and all we are asking for is a red dot 🔴,
Or an emoji 🤹 , of some sort to easily clarify, that the post / thread is over 120 days old , that's a all , but maybe it is an impossible task .
So we will continue to mistakenly , answer old stuff and then wait for the real funny guys to let us know we screwed up.

Nice post , I agree ,except with reading the entire thread , and all we are asking for is a red dot 🔴,
Or an emoji 🤹 , of some sort to easily clarify, that the post / thread is over 120 days old , that's a all , but maybe it is an impossible task .
So we will continue to mistakenly , answer old stuff and then wait for the real funny guys to let us know we screwed up.
@Chris might shed some light if it is doable since he has been following this thread.

GB has a forum called Ask the Experts, and when the post has been answered, the Moderator locks the thread after 10 responses or less.

There are several sides to this. Old threads hold knowledge, and they are very useful.

Do we bring them back to life a decade later? Yes, but its also funny sometimes.

Some members complain because someone asked the same question again and again and again and again LOL. Well that's what these old thread as are for.

Will that stop me or other members from asking a question that has been asked a dozen times already? Maybe, maybe not. Why woukd I ask that question again? Well because I may want my own answers. Besides, it's a free country, and if a member doesn't like it, they can ignore the thread and move on. Live and let live.

Another reason to keep them around is that they way things are going, we will have to start using the bullets we did 10, 15 or 20 yrs ago. Those threads might hold valuable information in using those old components. 🤣🤣🤣

At least for us 7mm addicts, there are no bullets out there, so we might need to pull the old dusty bullets from 20 yrs ago.

There are several sides to this. Old threads hold knowledge, and they are very useful.

Do we bring them back to life a decade later? Yes, but its also funny sometimes.

Some members complain because someone asked the same question again and again and again and again LOL. Well that's what these old thread as are for.

Will that stop me or other members from asking a question that has been asked a dozen times already? Maybe, maybe not. Why woukd I ask that question again? Well because I may want my own answers. Besides, it's a free country, and if a member doesn't like it, they can ignore the thread and move on. Live and let live.
Hey chris, why don't you just change the color of the brown bar that shows the date of the post ?
Make it red or blue , if the post is more than 120 days old ?

Then, when the guy comes and starts a new thread, he'll get yelled at because "there are all kinds of other threads on this... use search."

Some people think this site is their own personal playground where they get to gather up their "gang" and go around bullying people. It doesn't seem to matter what the person being bullied says... the bullies are always the same people and always act the same no matter what.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Looks like this Post is taking up space.
You have to have a lot of extra time worrying about someone answering an old post.
Sometimes an answer to an issue could have been years ago and now sitting in the dead zone.
sometimes old Posts bring up new ideas!
So do new posts, and don't take up so much space😂

Last edited:
The OP is not the only one that can learn from a post. I often conduct a search on a new to me cartridge or subject and find old posts very helpful. The post may have been resurrected a couple of time but it is just more information for me. As far as loading components goes I believe people are still using IMR 4064, 4895, Nosler Partitions, Sierra GameKings and Prohunters. They have all been around a while.