How hard would it be to incorporate something like this

Darryle

91C98B90-173D-4F84-83EC-19AC5B18D6AB.jpeg

Just wondering if this might cut down on the necroposting.

Thanks Darryle

I asked the question, why keep old threads so long ? several months ago and recieved this response ,( because that how we want it ). ?
I agree some sort of something that tells the person reading it that it is an old post.
I also have answered some old posts and when I relised
That after years , the fellow might not even be alive.

Why not just look at the date of the previous post , then if if you want too resurrect a 10 yr old post we can have a good laugh or have resurrection of a old post.
Because it shows up in "new" listing when the OP listed it before the internet was born.
Actually someone that resurrects it, responds, then it is a "new" type of thread and off it goes.

The majority of the necroposting I see are for advice, that advice is no longer relevant for a variety of reasons, poster is no longer a member, sold or rebarreled that rifle, moved to different components and so on.

I agree that there is a wealth of information here, but there is also a wealth of outdated or superseded information. New bullets, new powders, primers, brass and even methods that were not available just a few short years ago.

I just thought it would be helpful in preventing a member from expending the effort to reply to a thread that is essentially outdated.

Thanks and enjoyed the replies, gives me a different perspective on the situation.

👍

Does it really matter the age of the post. I enjoy reading about stuff and it answers questions that I don't have to ask. There's a lot of knowledge here if you know how to look for it.
I like reading them too, esp. those just sharing information. The thread gets messed up when the OP asks for relevant and timely advice, and people still provide late recommendations. I often see recommendations where contributor would say, he/she did not read the entire thread but provides the recommendation anyway. I understand we all want to contribute and be active participants, but we need to self-police ourselves and do due diligence to at least read and comprehend the entire post.

I usually read the entire thread and pay close to the post date, when OP was last seen, and if the OP's query has been answered. If not, I will quote the OP to prompt them if the query has been resolved, but that's just me. Do I still mess up? Absolutely, but not many, though! 🤣