Hog Stimulus

Kill em all
Can't stay on the tractor mowing my pasture
Heck I would use the poison bait if I could get it
Do you have a Pesticide Applicators License? You can get it and it's supposed to be pretty effective.
The brand that is available is "Kaput" but it's expensive.
It does turn the meat a blueish color so you know not to eat it or feed it to your pets.

Ed

Pigs are a non-native, destructive, invasive vermin. They destroy crops and land, they decimate anything that nests or drops their young on the ground and they are prolific breeders. They breed early and typically drop litters of 8-12 per litter 3 times a year. They need to be killed by the trailer load. We can shoot them 24/7/365 and we trap, hunt and shoot them out of helicopters with machine guns and they still are a problem.

So people need to get off their high horse about shooting them "in a fence" or pay an outfitter to do it. We need all the help we can get to control them.

I challenge anybody who turns their nose up at shooting them "in a fence" to come to Texas and try it instead of listening to internet BS. At least you could say you tried it a make your own decision instead of listening to blowhards who have never done it and want to talk smack about something they know nothing about.
Exactly. They are a problem. I'm not paying an outfitter to help with a problem…. If that high horse comment was towards me.

My lease in South Arkansas has become covered in hogs. I shot 1 about 5 years ago, and when I went Turkey hunting there this year, there were no turkeys, but hog tracks were everywhere. I guess I need to go back down there and make some of them take a dirt nap.
Some won't help!!! You have to get them all! The only Way to do that is with helicopters or traps !! If your property is not fenced with hog wire they will come off of your neighbors property. It's serious business as they will eat every living thing large or small on the property!!!!!! Lots of information on line as well as the forum about traps and "other" methods of extinction ! Good luck you're going need it. Tribb

My mind is blown by some of yall wishing for feral hogs 🤣🤯 Become a land owner south of Oklahoma and East of New Mexico and you will never wish hogs on your worst enemy. They are so rotten that they will even live in California! They eat every ground nesting bird in my lovely state of TEXAS. They have decimated wild turkey and quail populations. They destroy crops, kill fawns ,kill calves and eat everything they can and ruin everything else.

Anyone who doesn't have feral hogs outside their backdoor........ be thankful!

Anyone who wants to shoot feral hogs you are more than welcome to book a trip with the hundreds of "outfitters" down here. Take off work on a Friday and hunt all weekend for about $300. Most of these guys are even supplying guns, ammo, thermals and an air-conditioned room.....oh yeah and no possession limits or closed season.

Yeah they make good bullet testers and the little ones eat pretty good and an adult boar is probably the smartest thing on 4 legs that you'd ever want to hunt but.....don't wish for the largest invasive biomass in the country to come knocking on your door! Once you have them they do not go away!!

My rough 27 year estimate on hogs I've killed is close to 3,000. I shot 461 in an 18mo stretch in 08-09'. Killed 47 in one day. There was a "kill em all" 24hr tournament last year and the winning team showed up from out around Abilene with a 26ft gooseneck dump trailer loaded to the top with dead hogs. The 2nd place team had a 20ft trailer full. I'm not saying this to boast I'm just trying to convey that they are a plague!

Don't wish for feral hogs!
Yes they are!!!

My mind is blown by some of yall wishing for feral hogs 🤣🤯 Become a land owner south of Oklahoma and East of New Mexico and you will never wish hogs on your worst enemy. They are so rotten that they will even live in California! They eat every ground nesting bird in my lovely state of TEXAS. They have decimated wild turkey and quail populations. They destroy crops, kill fawns ,kill calves and eat everything they can and ruin everything else.

Anyone who doesn't have feral hogs outside their backdoor........ be thankful!

Anyone who wants to shoot feral hogs you are more than welcome to book a trip with the hundreds of "outfitters" down here. Take off work on a Friday and hunt all weekend for about $300. Most of these guys are even supplying guns, ammo, thermals and an air-conditioned room.....oh yeah and no possession limits or closed season.

Yeah they make good bullet testers and the little ones eat pretty good and an adult boar is probably the smartest thing on 4 legs that you'd ever want to hunt but.....don't wish for the largest invasive biomass in the country to come knocking on your door! Once you have them they do not go away!!

My rough 27 year estimate on hogs I've killed is close to 3,000. I shot 461 in an 18mo stretch in 08-09'. Killed 47 in one day. There was a "kill em all" 24hr tournament last year and the winning team showed up from out around Abilene with a 26ft gooseneck dump trailer loaded to the top with dead hogs. The 2nd place team had a 20ft trailer full. I'm not saying this to boast I'm just trying to convey that they are a plague!

Don't wish for feral hogs!
I hunt 3 different properties in NeGa and zero hogs
Most land owners here complain about hogs but keep a corn feeder or 6 out year round and SALT to
But when you ask them about hunting the hogs you run into a brick wall of
Oh I can't let nobody hunt because they will shoot my deer or run my deer off!!!
I ain't joking I bet I've had 50 farmers this year already slammed the door in my face (not literally) but figuratively and all I wanted to do was put some meat in the smoker and some stew in the freezer.So I would love to have a place to kill some hogs without driving 3 hours away to a Wma in southern Georgia

Some won't help!!! You have to get them all! The only Way to do that is with helicopters or traps !! If your property is not fenced with hog wire they will come off of your neighbors property. It's serious business as they will eat every living thing large or small on the property!!!!!! Lots of information on line as well as the forum about traps and "other" methods of extinction ! Good luck you're going need it. Tribb
Exactly, except this is a lease in South Arkansas swamp land. We would have to get coordinated with all the other area lease holders and try to wipe them out. Helicopters would be a no go due to the dense cypress and pine trees. Wireless trapdoor pens maybe our only option, and we are already speaking with Arkansas Game & Fish about setting them up.

Quick Question regarding Hogs. If one had a small homestead farm with some goats, turkeys, chickens, a few cows. Would they be in danger from hogs attacking them and actually trying to eat them?

Quick Question regarding Hogs. If one had a small homestead farm with some goats, turkeys, chickens, a few cows. Would they be in danger from hogs attacking them and actually trying to eat them?
They will eat it if they can catch it!! They're omnivores Google it and see what it says. Lots of information about hogs out there and ain't none of it is going to be good for wild life or domestic stock. They are after all opportunist! Tribb p.s. we got millions of them in west central Florida!

Exactly. They are a problem. I'm not paying an outfitter to help with a problem…. If that high horse comment was towards me.

Nobody pays the outfitter to help with a problem. They pay the outfitter for the his/her time in getting them on their quarry, trespass access, having a great time hunting, etc.

Hogs are a problem, but then again so too are deer, elk, mountain lion, bears, wolves, prairie dogs, etc. It just depends who you talk to.

Nobody pays the outfitter to help with a problem. They pay the outfitter for the his/her time in getting them on their quarry, trespass access, having a great time hunting, etc.

Hogs are a problem, but then again so too are deer, elk, mountain lion, bears, wolves, prairie dogs, etc. It just depends who you talk to.
You are helping with a problem. A big problem at that. Sorry I'm not paying an outfitter to kill a hog or hogs lol. Now flying in a helicopter and them supplying ammo. Sure hahaha.
A trophy elk is a different story in my book. Just my opinion. I'm sure there's a farmer with a hog problem that would let guys shoot for free. I know I would if I had them. I think deer are bad enough on my crops.

Last edited:
You are helping with a problem. A big problem at that. Sorry I'm not paying an outfitter to kill a hog or hogs lol. Now flying in a helicopter and them supplying ammo. Sure hahaha.
A trophy elk is a different story in my book. Just my opinion. I'm sure there's a farmer with a hog problem that would let guys shoot for free. I know I would if I had them. I think deer are bad enough on my crops.

Like I said, nobody pays to help with a problem. They pay for all the services provided and the experience - just like with any other guided hunt.

You folks down in TX want our Griz and wolves? Maybe that would help your pig problem.

Sure, we'll swap 2 for one, breeding pair for a single Bear or Wolf, the pigs will help you get rid of:

Future bears
Future wolves
Future Elk
Future Antelope
Future Whitetail
Future Mule Deer
Futuree Sheep
Make your state parks and golf courses look like war zones all while increasing your OOSs

Win Win 🤣

Pigs are a problem you should be thankful you don't have. They are the cockroaches of the 4 legged animal world. The population is so dense here, I refuse to eat them. I killed enough of them 20yrs ago to feed everyone in my department at work pork for over a year.

I have a little washout on the river at the farm where me and my dad drag them off to, littered with bones and stained with fat, my dad likes it when the river gets up because he can set some throwlines and catch catfish left and right.

They will eat it if they can catch it!! They're omnivores Google it and see what it says. Lots of information about hogs out there and ain't none of it is going to be good for wild life or domestic stock. They are after all opportunist! Tribb p.s. we got millions of them in west central Florida!
Thx, I knew they were omnivores but just didn't think they would try to break in a pen trying to attack a heard of whatever like coyotes do. Interesting.

I lived (kind of) your neck of the woods back in the late 90's for 5 years. PORT CHARLOTTE on the water to Charlotte Harbor and worked in Punta Gorda.

Recent Posts