Hog hunting near San Antonio

scrmblr1982cj8

I'm interviewing in San Antonio and so far it' looking good.

How easy is it to find hunting spots north of SA? I'm think that it the job works out we will live in/near Boerne.

Any info would be appreciated!

I'm interviewing in San Antonio and so far it' looking good.

How easy is it to find hunting spots north of SA? I'm think that it the job works out we will live in/near Boerne.

Any info would be appreciated!
Not taking anything away from the " Hill Country " around Boerne but the " Brush Country " to the south has plenty of hog action. Take 35 and head toward Laredo and you will see what I mean. It seems anywhere there is cover or crops in Texas there are pigs. I have even seen them on spoil banks along the Intercoastal Canal and I would bet the Aransas Wildlife Refuge has more pigs per square mile than anywhere in the continental US. Finding a place to hunt them shouldn't be a problem but finding one that fits into your budget might be tricky. Take a drive to Pearsall and visit the Cazadores store. They have a bulletin board with outfitters cards on it.
http://www.loscazadores.com/

Easy hunting in Texas is a thing of the past. Most of the land is part of large ranches. Your chance of hunting there is slim and none without knowing the right person or leasing. Farmers and ranchers complain about hog damage. However, they are not about to let a stranger hunt or as they would say it "spray bullets." Sad. Check the local paper and the chamber of commerce in the area's you would like to hunt for info on leases. Gun stores, feed stores, and even county cafe's could be helpful.

Live in a small town close by or at least a suburb. Join the local church and the volunteer fire department. Get involved in the community. Hopefully one of these will open a few doors for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.