Help needed finding sleek, lightweight chassis system

Thank you! This is exactly why I threw in the towel and created this post. I never would have found the Defensive Edge MPH or the Q side chick by myself. At 2.6 lbs complete, the Chick is a full pound lighter than the XLR Carbion Chassis (after you add all the necessary components). Pretty hefty price tag on lightweight chassis! Now, what short action caliber!

Thank you! This is exactly why I threw in the towel and created this post. I never would have found the Defensive Edge MPH or the Q side chick by myself. At 2.6 lbs complete, the Chick is a full pound lighter than the XLR Carbion Chassis (after you add all the necessary components). Pretty hefty price tag on lightweight chassis! Now, what short action caliber!

XLR element 3.0 Magnesium is lighter then the Carbon. I've got one on order. Might have gone for the Side Chick if I could have gotten a straight answer about timeframe, but at the time I was left thinking it could be up to a year.

I wish the MPH was out at the time. If it had a folding stock it would be the winner. I've not bothered to call to find if that is possible.

Wildcat I would look at the Sherman Short cartridges. I have a 6.5ss and a 338ss. The 338 is pushing a 213 grain Hammer Hunter at 2825fps in a 22" barrel.

If looking for a factory round, then I'm partial to the SAUM's if you reload or the 300WSM if you want off the shelf ammo.

If you wanted a creedmoor or 308 you could try a Q fix. Not exactly what you asked about but its a rifle with chassis ergonomics thats light.

I know you are aware already but I like the feel of the Christensen arms gun. My dad has one ordered so I am excited to give it a try.

I realize the specs of the XLR Element 3.0 Magnesium chassis are posted on Page1 of this thread, but it's worth calling out that the package with the carbon buttstock and handgrip are only 1.75 lbs TOTAL (!!)

If weight is the primary goal, I don't think there is anything else that can touch that. Of course the 12 o'clock position is open, but I believe they have a nightvision bridge you can add if you want the front end of the handguard closed up.

I realize the specs of the XLR Element 3.0 Magnesium chassis are posted on Page1 of this thread, but it's worth calling out that the package with the carbon buttstock and handgrip are only 1.75 lbs TOTAL (!!)

If weight is the primary goal, I don't think there is anything else that can touch that. Of course the 12 o'clock position is open, but I believe they have a nightvision bridge you can add if you want the front end of the handguard closed up.

The MPH mentioned above is listed at the same weight, but includes a magazine at that weight, so overall 3- 5 ounces lighter. Pretty awesome that these chassis' are getting down to these weights.

The MPH mentioned above is listed at the same weight, but includes a magazine at that weight, so overall 3- 5 ounces lighter. Pretty awesome that these chassis' are getting down to these weights.

I couldn't find the link to the MPH, but that's incredible. Agreed--things are only getting better for the market in terms of options.

Gentlemen, I've been trying to find a unicorn: a lightweight, sleek, fully enclosed or at least three quarter enclosed forearm, modular chassis system in a bolt action platform. It seems that most systems weigh 10 pounds(Ruger, Tikka, Remington, etc...) I'm looking for something in the 6.5 to 7 pound range that's not too bulky. I have handled some rifles that fit the bill, but they are semi auto. For instance, a Black Rain Ordinance 5.56 I handled is 7.3 lbs and feels really good in the hand. How do I get a chassis like that in a bolt action? I know that Christensen Arms makes a lightweight precision rifle but is that the only option out there? Any suggestions?

KRG Bravo https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/bravo-chassis/

Right now the Q Side Chick fits the bill as well as any. It checks almost every box. The only drawback is it is restricted to Rem 700 short actions, but that isn't a deal breaker. It's also expensive($1200). It is very hard to find however. The Q Fix is pretty interesting as well, especially from an engineering/ breaking new ground aspect but spending 3K on a rifle that I've never handled or even seen is pretty hard to swallow. Lots of good info and suggestions here!

I have an MPA long action Lite Chassis @ 2.9#(with butt stock) and more recently acquired the MPA LA Hybrid Chassis @3.5#. While perhaps not the lightest format, I'm able to match the weight of my LR/carry hunting rifles with Mcmillan A3 stocks that sport 24-26" Varmint/Light Palma barrels. Lots of flexibility in weight range depending on action, barrel, scope choice. Without scope/rings, bipod, magazine, sling, etc, weight runs in the 10#(+/- 1#) range. I personally like the ergonomics and barrel bedding system of the MPA given my familiarity and experience shooting PRS. I can easily match the accuracy of my well bedded McMillan stocks. Cold weather forearm metal contact was easily dealt with using a quick detachable MPA forearm pad which also serves as a padded rest should it be needed.
467575CA-BC6D-4B20-84A6-99EA7C219E66.jpeg

I couldn't find the link to the MPH, but that's incredible. Agreed--things are only getting better for the market in terms of options.

I couldn't find the MPH either. Is there a link available?

There is also a post about it on Long Range Only. The manufacturers is involved in that thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts