Help me get started ML hunting

I'm kind of excited that before long I'll be sitting in the woods waiting for a hot doe playing keep away with a buck. Sorry…I digress. You can drop some coin in the muzzle loading world. I'm still a rifle guy and want something that will get the job done without derailing my rifles budget. Pulled a VXR 3-9x40 off one of my rifles and I'm good to around 250.
EE4B8BBC-6942-4FB8-B2BA-68143AC6B185.jpeg

I'm kind of excited that before long I'll be sitting in the woods waiting for a hot doe playing keep away with a buck. Sorry…I digress. You can drop some coin in the muzzle loading world. I'm still a rifle guy and want something that will get the job done without derailing my rifles budget. Pulled a VXR 3-9x40 off one of my rifles and I'm good to around 250.
View attachment 483221
I use a TC Triumph Bone Collector. Guess Michael Waddell got some money from that. Use a Sig 2-7 x40 Hellfire quad reticle. My shots are short in the thick woods I hunt.

Muzzys are like rifles one is never enough. So I've got a cva wolf, paramount pro in 45 cal ,traditions, knight . The wolf being my first muzzleloader and the one responsible for my big elk . The paramount is a work in progress that needs to be ready in November for my dad's and his friend Aaron's hunt.

Attachments

• 20230804_162605.jpg
    20230804_162605.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
My 2¢....................

Buy either a Knight or a Remington Ultimate. CVA has been having QC issues with barrels. They stopped the build of 45's.

If you do a lot of stalking, then a Knight Ultra-lite.
If you hunt from a blind, then the heavier RUM will give you what you want.

You do not need a smokeless muzzleloader to shoot 500yds. You do not need a smokeless muzzleloader to shoot 1,000yds.
With the right bullet, you can harvest with either rifle to 500yds.

We shoot 1,000yd with 45cal rifles, using a MAXIMUM of 120gr volume charges of Blackhorn 209.

Be careful, I see a large debit for your bank account on the horizon!
Happened to me. Stay Far Far away from Encore and Deputy819 and their posts. They originally got me in trouble. Especially saying the best smokless muzzleloaders make the best BH muzzleloaders. So I ended up with this.
All Encores fault and now I'm hooked.

Attachments

• 20230814_183233.jpg
    20230814_183233.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 58
  • 20230814_224921.jpg
    20230814_224921.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 61
IMO stay away from porodex and 777 pellets or powder. Dirty as hell and leaves crud ring in barrel. Find Blackhorn 209 powder 90-110 grains in 50 cal. Clean burning easy to clean, way more MV. Barnes Spitfire sabots. If hard to load get spitfire EZ. Slightly smaller sabot. You should be able to get 1-1.5 in groups. That's Inline rifle. Primer us winchester 209 or CCI magnum 209 primers. Traditional percussion or flinlock, real black powder is very hard to find due to fire storage restrictions.

Resurrecting this thread to see if there's any more thoughts. I have narrowed the choice down to a CVA MR or or a Triumph. If I found a really good deal on a Knight I would probably go that route as well.

Basing that on Rosebud and Mark and their feedback.

Resurrecting this thread to see if there's any more thoughts. I have narrowed the choice down to a CVA MR or or a Triumph. If I found a really good deal on a Knight I would probably go that route as well.

Basing that on Rosebud and Mark and their feedback.
If you are not going to go custom then totally agree with Encore and his thoughts. RUM or Knight.
But remember if you go smokless you can do both. But absolutely not needed.

If you are not going to go custom then totally agree with Encore and his thoughts. RUM or Knight.
But remember if you go smokless you can do both. But absolutely not needed.

Ok gonna dig into the Knight Ultralite. I'm a fairly mobile hunter and that might be a better fit. I went back and read that post and it sounds like this might be The right direction for me. And that load is already going to give me a Head start (.45 cal and 120 gr. of 209). 445Supermag, that set up you've got in the picture seems to be pretty advanced. Guess I need to start a little more simple?

Absolutely understandable. That's how this rabbit hole starts. I got TC bone collector and after a few years I wanted better. Then I ran across Freaking ENCORE AND DEPUTY819 ( said with love) and I couldn't contain myself anymore. Called McWhorter and 6 months later my 45XML is here. To say I love it is way understated. I can't wait to hit the woods this year and especially going on my dream whitetail hunt with it in January to IOWA. IF I CONNECT it will be my hunting highlight of my life

Absolutely understandable. That's how this rabbit hole starts. I got TC bone collector and after a few years I wanted better. Then I ran across Freaking ENCORE AND DEPUTY819 ( said with love) and I couldn't contain myself anymore. Called McWhorter and 6 months later my 45XML is here. To say I love it is way understated. I can't wait to hit the woods this year and especially going on my dream whitetail hunt with it in January to IOWA. IF I CONNECT it will be my hunting highlight of my life

Well, that is a beautiful girl and I can't wait to see pictures of the Iowa buck she shoots!