Help me get started ML hunting

I went the Remington UML route. Pleased I did. (My next ML will be smokeless).

Added an Arrowhead Rifles gen2 breechplug, modified the stock by slimming up the forend and removing the wrong sided cheekpiece, as well as added pillars and bedded the stock.

Now, just need to take it to the hunting grounds.

Dang that's so nice

I picked up a cva accura pr last year with the plans of an Ohio hunt that didn't pan out, and decided to go out for early season muzzle loader this year since I have it. I am using bh209 and it works as advertised, but really expensive. I am a bow hunter at heart and would much rather spend my time doing that, but kids limit time so much that I have to take advantage of hunting when I can. If I was starting over I would get a savage prefit smokeless and throw it in my TL3, which might happen anyways if this works out this year.

Ok gonna dig into the Knight Ultralite. I'm a fairly mobile hunter and that might be a better fit. I went back and read that post and it sounds like this might be The right direction for me. And that load is already going to give me a Head start (.45 cal and 120 gr. of 209). 445Supermag, that set up you've got in the picture seems to be pretty advanced. Guess I need to start a little more simple?
Before you buy the Ultra-Lite, decide on what ignition system you want. They have several.
I went with the red full plastic jacket and regret it. Almost every shot had delayed ignition between primer pop and powder ignition. Like 1/4 to 1/2 second. (Been shooting MZs for over 20 years.) Using Federal 209A primers, BH209, and my usual weight and bullet.
Knight said the system was designed around Winchester primers, but I have a brick of Fed, and no guarantee the problem would go away with Winchesters. (And it's not like primers grow on trees these days.)
I ended up getting the SSK bare primer plug and bolt head mod. Works well.
So, stick with the 209 bare primer option right from the start.

Look at the Traditions Nitrofire. The powder cartridge is awesome. I snapped on a buck one year and went straight and bought a Nitrofire. Its awesome.
This one is very interesting to me. I know the Muzzleloader purist have a lot of distain for it but I'm just looking for an opportunity to kill a good buck during the rut, which coincides with muzzleloader season.

I like the idea of the fire sticks. The more I've watched videos the more I think it might be the right fit for me.

Then I would like to begin the longer process of building out a smokeless ML.

This one is very interesting to me. I know the Muzzleloader purist have a lot of distain for it but I'm just looking for an opportunity to kill a good buck during the rut, which coincides with muzzleloader season.

I like the idea of the fire sticks. The more I've watched videos the more I think it might be the right fit for me.

Then I would like to begin the longer process of building out a smokeless ML.
Make sure it's legal to use smokeless during a muzzleloader season. Our season states must be black powder or black powder substitute . Alot of the same rules apply from state to state. You can only run smokeless during a regular general season.

Just got back from the range with the CVA Accura. Just sighting it in without a lot of fuss. 100 gr by volume of BH209 and some of the cheaper 250 gr sabots. I was actually pleased with a very quick sight in. I was not pleased at all with the collapsible ram rod. The elastic broke after 5 uses and it went flying. I never found all the pieces. 5 shots and it was putting the last two within 1.5 MOA in the sweet spot. I cleaned after the second shot and the break action makes it painless.

Ordered a Nitrofire from my LGS today. As an introduction I think it will be a good fit for me

I will consider a second muzzleloader that is more of a traditional set up. I like the idea of a nice walnut and blue steel flintlock as my next progression. Also like the idea of something like a Paramount on the other end of the spectrum so maybe I'll go down the rabbit hole that some of you fellas are already down.

Will report back when she's here.

Ordered a Nitrofire from my LGS today. As an introduction I think it will be a good fit for me

I will consider a second muzzleloader that is more of a traditional set up. I like the idea of a nice walnut and blue steel flintlock as my next progression. Also like the idea of something like a Paramount on the other end of the spectrum so maybe I'll go down the rabbit hole that some of you fellas are already down.

Will report back when she's here.
Looking forward to the pictures and range day. Congrats