HELP - How to get the MAYO Clinic review your case.

Gday Len
Just an updated that I don't want to post.
I have had several posts the past years on my spinal cord issues.
I saw my neurosurgeon a with the results of my MRI and X-Rays and was told he cannot do anything more. The last surgery I had from him made the pain worse.
Today I went to my Pain Clinic and they got a new Dr, in. She was very rude and condescending. Instead of helping me with more options for pain meds, she is reducing my current pain meds and said it is because of the new guidelines of the FDA, DEA. So not only is my pain out of control, but I am also getting less medication. Another thing is all the pharmacies are limited to opioids so everyone is out of the meds I need when my prescription is due.
Now 5 minutes ago I got a call from the Neurosurgery Department at the MAYO Clinic, and they told me that due to the high volume of cases that they can NOT take my case on at this time or any time in the future.
Thanks to Obama Care, Government Control, Illegal Alien Health Care.
I am also a Vietnam Vet, but all the BS I went through the years with the VA I can't see ever going there again.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
I'm sorry to read this above

keep your chin up as rooting for you here

Cheers

Just an updated that I don't want to post.
I have had several posts the past years on my spinal cord issues.
I saw my neurosurgeon a with the results of my MRI and X-Rays and was told he cannot do anything more. The last surgery I had from him made the pain worse.
Today I went to my Pain Clinic and they got a new Dr, in. She was very rude and condescending. Instead of helping me with more options for pain meds, she is reducing my current pain meds and said it is because of the new guidelines of the FDA, DEA. So not only is my pain out of control, but I am also getting less medication. Another thing is all the pharmacies are limited to opioids so everyone is out of the meds I need when my prescription is due.
Now 5 minutes ago I got a call from the Neurosurgery Department at the MAYO Clinic, and they told me that due to the high volume of cases that they can NOT take my case on at this time or any time in the future.
Thanks to Obama Care, Government Control, Illegal Alien Health Care.
I am also a Vietnam Vet, but all the BS I went through the years with the VA I can't see ever going there again.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!
I'm sorry I can't do more than validate what you've said.

I've got about 5 lbs of titanium in my back. I've shared with a few, but pictures tell a story probably best shared privately.

Pain management isn't sympathetic, "You can keep your Dr." but we're going to dictate care. I have had the thought this is to push us towards euthanasia.

You listed most of the barriers to care.

Best Wishes, Len. Anytime you need to vent, or pray message me!
Carl

I'm sorry I can't do more than validate what you've said.

I've got about 5 lbs of titanium in my back. I've shared with a few, but pictures tell a story probably best shared privately.

Pain management isn't sympathetic, "You can keep your Dr." but we're going to dictate care. I have had the thought this is to push us towards euthanasia.

You listed most of the barriers to care.

Best Wishes, Len. Anytime you need to vent, or pray message me!
Carl
Thank you!

First of all, very sorry for your condition, thank you for your service, and sorry about your new pain doctor. That's just how they are training them now. Protocols, not patients.

I do second the recommendation for The Cleveland Clinic, though.

As to water, exercise, and moving around as a cure to real disease, I have a friend, college BB star, fitness freak, who has lupus, chronic inflammatory demyelenating polyneuropathy, and a couple of other neurological issues.

And, an elk hunting buddy, perfectly fit, who died at 47 of ALS (Lou Gehrig's).

So, tread carefully. That's what the Greeks called hubris, and it rarely ended well. Fitness is great, but real disease is out there, and is very democratic in whom it strikes.