Help: every time I go to Kansas I get pulled over

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46119

I apologize if we don't have a place for this or its in the wrong place.

Mom lives in KCMO so I go to Kansas to hunt as part of the trip to see her.

Every year I get pulled over at least once in Kansas and the record is 3 times in 6 days.

I skipped 2 years of visiting mom because of this so haven't seem mom in person for 3 years.

This time I didn't even make 3 hours before some local yokel decided the California plates were worth high speed catch up. I was doing exactly the speed limit or less but he followed me for over 15 miles finally coming of with the lame excuse that one of my license plate illuminator bulbs was out. It wasn't.

This wrecks my vacation and trip to mom as I have a fear of death by cop. Cops are the only humans who have ever pointed a fire arm at me including a 1911safety off, finger inside the trigger guard. My highest infraction is 80 in a 55 back when the national limit was 55. I've never seen the inside of a police station much less the back seat of a cop car. I don't drink except 1 Margarita once or twice a year. I have always been the designated driver and drive an average of 80k miles per year.

It probably won't have any effect but does anyone know who to/how to file a complaint?

Document the incident. Be sure to get the cop's name/badge number. Turn on your cel phone voice recorder before he walks up to your car. Video is even better. (I don't think that's illegal.) If it happens multiple times on a trip and you have this evidence, find the website of the police/sheriffs dept. where it happened, find the police chief's name, send him digital copies of your recordings with a letter.

Another way would be just to embarrass them by posting the videos on youtube or FB. But they have your number at that point, and with digital license plate readers they will find you and hammer you next time you're there.

If you have a terminal disease and don't have long to live, you might want to consider going kamakazie on one of them and then dying in a hail of bullets when the backup arrives. Your mom might not be too happy about that though. ;-)

You are trying to fight the police. That's pretty hard unless you have an army of supporters like what we see in these racially charged cases. People get murdered by police regularly around the nation, and the cops rarely pay a price for it. (Forget about Ferguson, think of the homeless guy that 2 LAPD officers beat to death a few years ago with their fists in front of a bus station security camera. They got off just about scott free. Go figure. I could site a dozen cases like that.)

What I don't understand is why so many cops treat their fellow citizens in a manner that they would not want to be for themselves or family. It creates distrust and antagonizes the population and that's not what their job is supposed to be. It also makes it harder for the other cops to do their jobs safely and peacefully.

I apologize if we don't have a place for this or its in the wrong place.

Mom lives in KCMO so I go to Kansas to hunt as part of the trip to see her.

Every year I get pulled over at least once in Kansas and the record is 3 times in 6 days.

I skipped 2 years of visiting mom because of this so haven't seem mom in person for 3 years.

This time I didn't even make 3 hours before some local yokel decided the California plates were worth high speed catch up. I was doing exactly the speed limit or less but he followed me for over 15 miles finally coming of with the lame excuse that one of my license plate illuminator bulbs was out. It wasn't.

This wrecks my vacation and trip to mom as I have a fear of death by cop. Cops are the only humans who have ever pointed a fire arm at me including a 1911safety off, finger inside the trigger guard. My highest infraction is 80 in a 55 back when the national limit was 55. I've never seen the inside of a police station much less the back seat of a cop car. I don't drink except 1 Margarita once or twice a year. I have always been the designated driver and drive an average of 80k miles per year.

It probably won't have any effect but does anyone know who to/how to file a complaint?

Consider renting a car with non-California plates for your next trip and you'll know if it's you or the state you live in that's the problem.

Consider renting a car with non-California plates for your next trip and you'll know if it's you or the state you live in that's the problem.

Fly, cab it from airport to her house.

That coming from a guy that refuses to fly. Nobody I want to see bad enough to get strip searched for.

Speed traps should at least give a bumper sticker so the next officer can see you already donated.:D

They're trying to find someone with a fairly large amount of cash to steal. Just be glad your mom doesn't live in Tennessee. All part of the fake War on Drugs. Police gotta get their shakedown cut too you know.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aI2nNr9Tik[/ame]

Video them. They will get very ****ed but there's no law against it. 2 CRJ degrees and a little LE background lol. Don't let them walk all over you. Pulling th gun out on you? Did you have anything on you to provoke that? If you didn't and he did it to be a blowhard then you could definitely have sued that particular agency. I've seen idiot cops here in georgia pull tasers out in local bars messing around with their friends. Told the sheriff and showed him a video of them doing it, now they are ex cops.

Looks like this is the thread for paranoid people regarding LE, LOL!
Not paranoid. I drive the entire country in the same vehicle. Cross into Kansas and bingo, pulled over.

Lame excuse, one of my two license plate illuminator bulbs was out. It wasn't. Just a lame excuse. only one is required by law and I had two working.

Back when I had a gun pulled on me, no I was coming back from a church function. The gun came out before I even got out of the car.

Not paranoid. I drive the entire country in the same vehicle. Cross into Kansas and bingo, pulled over.

Lame excuse, one of my two license plate illuminator bulbs was out. It wasn't. Just a lame excuse. only one is required by law and I had two working.

Back when I had a gun pulled on me, no I was coming back from a church function. The gun came out before I even got out of the car.

It's not uncommon nowadays for a cop to approach a vehicle on a routine traffic stop with gun drawn. There are too many being shot on stops like you're talking about for them to just stroll up like they're going to give you a pass to the policeman's ball! PS: Stay in the vehicle keeping your hands visible and just follow the simple commands you're given. You don't leave the vehicle unless they tell you to.

Last edited:
Document the incident. Be sure to get the cop's name/badge number. Turn on your cel phone voice recorder before he walks up to your car. Video is even better. (I don't think that's illegal.) If it happens multiple times on a trip and you have this evidence, find the website of the police/sheriffs dept. where it happened, find the police chief's name, send him digital copies of your recordings with a letter.

Another way would be just to embarrass them by posting the videos on youtube or FB. But they have your number at that point, and with digital license plate readers they will find you and hammer you next time you're there.

If you have a terminal disease and don't have long to live, you might want to consider going kamakazie on one of them and then dying in a hail of bullets when the backup arrives. Your mom might not be too happy about that though. ;-)

You are trying to fight the police. That's pretty hard unless you have an army of supporters like what we see in these racially charged cases. People get murdered by police regularly around the nation, and the cops rarely pay a price for it. (Forget about Ferguson, think of the homeless guy that 2 LAPD officers beat to death a few years ago with their fists in front of a bus station security camera. They got off just about scott free. Go figure. I could site a dozen cases like that.)

What I don't understand is why so many cops treat their fellow citizens in a manner that they would not want to be for themselves or family. It creates distrust and antagonizes the population and that's not what their job is supposed to be. It also makes it harder for the other cops to do their jobs safely and peacefully.

Better check state laws, most states prohibit you from recording sound and video of a traffic stop. Its one or the other. Further more their camera and sound on their car is recording, and does so 30 seconds before their lights come on. And maybe in your state 1 light is enough, but in my state if u cannot see the WHOLE license plate from 2 car lengths away with the provided plate lights, that's an unreadable plate and IS a violation. It may suck yes, but how do u think most drug dealers and high crime suspects are caught. Bull crap like that . I suggest you make sure both are working, and don't cross the fog line and such and all will go OK. And no need to compare all LEO with the select few that choose to be jackasses, because none of them no you, and would take a bullet for you and others without hesitation.

Kasey

It's not uncommon nowadays for a cop to approach a vehicle on a routine traffic stop with gun drawn. There are too many being shot on stops like you're talking about for them to just stroll up like they're going to give you a pass to the policeman's ball! PS: Stay in the vehicle keeping your hands visible and just follow the simple commands you're given. You don't leave the vehicle unless they tell you to.
You don't get it. Engine stopped, lights on in the vehicle, windows down before he gets there, hands on the wheel in plain sight, license, insurance and reg on the dash.

You present it like you think I did something. Did you forget to read the part about returning from a church function or are you a cop trying to make out like it's always the citizen.

Better check state laws, most states prohibit you from recording sound and video of a traffic stop. Its one or the other. Further more their camera and sound on their car is recording, and does so 30 seconds before their lights come on. And maybe in your state 1 light is enough, but in my state if u cannot see the WHOLE license plate from 2 car lengths away with the provided plate lights, that's an unreadable plate and IS a violation. It may suck yes, but how do u think most drug dealers and high crime suspects are caught. Bull crap like that . I suggest you make sure both are working, and don't cross the fog line and such and all will go OK. And no need to compare all LEO with the select few that choose to be jackasses, because none of them no you, and would take a bullet for you and others without hesitation.

Kasey
Supreme court overruled all the can't video crap. Yes you have to go to jail to enforce it.

I guess when you read this you weren't paying attention. He was able to identify the California license plate from a 90 degree angle in the driveway he was hiding in. I think the plate was fully illuminated by both working lights. Did you fail to read the part that both illuminator lights are working. His response was 'oh'.

The rating on speedtrap.org for Kansas and the regions I've had problems is very very high.

I have been a Police Officer for over 25 years. I have been shot at, hit by a car, assaulted, spit on etc etc. all for what? To get crapped on by people like you? Who died and made you so spectacular? You sir and the person that made the post about forcing a Police officer to shoot them are jackasses.

I have been a Police Officer for over 25 years. I have been shot at, hit by a car, assaulted, spit on etc etc. all for what? To get crapped on by people like you? Who died and made you so spectacular? You sir and the person that made the post about forcing a Police officer to shoot them are jackasses.

THANK YOU!! And no I read the whole post. You assume he read your entire plate. Just because u can read California at the top means nothing. But whatever. I guess the biggest thing is how these become threads on a forum. Waste of air and typing time. I Wish u the best in your future visits with your mother.

I will tell you this. 10 minutes of talking to an officer, on the way to see your mother, should not be the reason u don't see her. Life is to short. She could be gone soon, and u will be wondering why u didn't just drive to Kansas and see her

Kasey

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts