I Want To Hunt Coues For The 1st Time - What Should I Do First?

There is alot of good info in these posts. First step is deciding what type of hunt you are looking to have. Guided or unguided and what type of buck you are looking for. If you decide diy and need help navigating the game and fish info. I can help you with that.

Thank you very much for the generous offer. I may PM you and take you up on that.

The three of us hunters are all very bust at work. We all work tons of hours and it's hard to get away for any amount of time. This is why I think we're leaning towards a guided hunt. We simply don't have the time or the years in our hunting career to take a few years to figure out the Coues deer, the terrain, and where they should be during the hunt.

Again, thank you.

No problem! Would be glad to help. I know it is a PITA sometimes navigating different states regs. If you are looking to go once and get a good buck and have the money I would look at Mexico. If you r looking to go hunt, see deer, and get a shot at a buck you could probably do okay DIY depending on how you Hunt and the effort you are willing to put into it.

Coues hunting is very challenging, and for me, that's what makes it my favorite animal to hunt. I will sit behind 15x or my 30x binoculars for hours looking at one hill in hopes of finding a decent buck

Bucks run in bachelor herds until the rut starting late December

Another option to the Arizona draw or Mexico is some of the Indian Reservations. You can get a guided or diy hunt

Best advice for a new couse hunter is check out coueswhitetail.com

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts