Hearing enhancement

BrentM

So I don't hear so well anymore. Bow hunting elk has a challenge in that I struggle to pick up the bugles at distance. I had some walker buds that worked ok for enhancing the sound but I lost them Sunday. I was looking at the bone style from walker and wondering if anyone here uses enhancement?

I got a set of form to fit hearing enhances from Sound Gear. They work pretty good but they are expensive ($1,200.00). I wore them every day on my last Africa trip and I really like them. I have hearing aids now and they are tons better but also quite a bit more expensive. Unfortunately they have a hole in them to let out the pressure in my ears and so when I touch off a rifle its still really loud.

So I don't hear so well anymore. Bow hunting elk has a challenge in that I struggle to pick up the bugles at distance. I had some walker buds that worked ok for enhancing the sound but I lost them Sunday. I was looking at the bone style from walker and wondering if anyone here uses enhancement?
Why not go to an audiologist and get fitted for hearing aids? I know a bit more expensive, but will improve your quality of hearing in every situation. Not for everyone, but is what I did. Good luck

Why not go to an audiologist and get fitted for hearing aids? I know a bit more expensive, but will improve your quality of hearing in every situation. Not for everyone, but is what I did. Good luck
In general my hearing isn't that bad for most things. Of course hunting wolves and elk are issues due to the way in which the sound transmits to my ears. My left is worse than my right. If I can settle in, the ringing isn't too bad, I can hear the elk ok line of sight or without much terrain between. I need to be tested but I really don't feel like I'm quite ready for full time aids yet.

In general my hearing isn't that bad for most things. Of course hunting wolves and elk are issues due to the way in which the sound transmits to my ears. My left is worse than my right. If I can settle in, the ringing isn't too bad, I can hear the elk ok line of sight or without much terrain between. I need to be tested but I really don't feel like I'm quite ready for full time aids yet.
Neither was I but what a difference it has made in my life.

You know yourself better than we do,…..but I felt the same way and was proven wrong. I am happy with my decision.

Just as a corollary. I got hearing aids a few years ago and now wear them in the field. BUT, I carry a set of muffs with me and put them on over the aids for shooting. Keeps the aids from amplifying the gun blast. Once you get used to it, carrying the muffs is not a big deal.

I have carried Walker Game Ears since they first came out. NBD, rest around neck, literally couple seconds to move up and on.
I had the 2.0 buds. Used them for shooting and hunting. Lost the lil turds tho. So I was looking at new ones and saw the walkers bone style. Seems like good reviews but never been around anything like it. The only issue I have with the buds is the sound is hard to adjust and getting direction of the source is impossible for me. I take them off and try to hear with natural to get the direction and then move in. Unfortunately I still can struggle with the sound until getting close or having less terrain between us. I could hear a bull at 1300 sunday evening while glassing him. It wasn't great but I could hear it. My buddy said it was pretty loud...... ha ha geesh

Peltor is the only dynamic sound amplifier that works well imo THAT ALSO works for hunting/shooting.

If you want in the ear, they make a few options. I have TEPs, but they make a civilian oriented model that's significantly cheaper. It's something like eep or something.

I was hoping to find something with the same in ear, auto noise canceling, dynamic audio enhancing type tech but also had Bluetooth for use in the shop, but I've yet to find anything of the same quality with that feature.